Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree22Likes
Trumpet Discussion Discuss Should I continue? in the General forums; Originally Posted by trumpetsplus As many of you know, I am very willing to post advice on repair and maintenance. ...
    The Wide Brown Land

Re: Should I continue?

Quote Originally Posted by trumpetsplus View Post
    As many of you know, I am very willing to post advice on repair and maintenance.

However, recently there was an example of someone taking part (not all) of my advice and messing up his instrument. I do feel very sorry for this, although part of what he described happens sometimes during the course of repair by a competent technician. Surgeons do not offer step by step instruction for routine operations, because they are aware that all sorts of complications can happen.

To be absolutely clear, the member involved has NOT sent me any message of blame or disappointment.

Should I refrain from giving repair advice?

Should I always include a disclaimer?

Or should I let people go ahead by themselves without advice?

I am very interested to hear your comments.
    Stick with it Ivan - you're doing a great job. Maybe you should simply add - "If you are in any doubt, you should not try this at home".

Harrelson Bravura
    Getzen Eterna Classic 900
    Getzen Eterna II 700S
    Boosey & Hawkes Regent MkII
    Weril EP4071 Pocket
    Boosey & Hawkes Eb Tenor Horn

Forte User
    Indiana USA

Re: Should I continue?

You have been very gracious in your willingness to advise people in the manner in which you do. I see no reason preventing you from sharing your knowledge as you attempt to be helpful to others. I believe the posting of a disclaimer is a very good idea and should offer you protection should a person complain.

Best wishes,

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information