Trumpet Discussion Discuss Slide Cream Advise in the General forums; I have been using Fat Cat slide Cream on my tuning slide and it does not seem to be thick ...
    Piano User

Slide Cream Advise

I have been using Fat Cat slide Cream on my tuning slide and it does not seem to be thick enough.....The tuning slide moves too easily.

Any advise as to which slide cream may be thick enough to do a good job?

Forte User
    Atlanta, GA
    Buy Ken's introductory kit from Ultra Pure. There are two types of slide grease and a bottle of oil. The tuning slide grease is the perfect remedy for your situation.

Sunnyside, WA
    Best thing I have found I learned about from my college prof. Use anhydrous lanolin. Its a natural product and very thick. I got my jar from this company but you should be able to get it at any pharmacy. They may have to special order it at the pharmacy, but they can get it for you.
    ---Brian P. Vessey---
    Horn: Calichhio 1s7 Ultra; Large Bore
    Mouthpiece: Out on Safari

Something that I have always sworn by is Schilke slide cream with (as mentioned above) anhydrous lanolin. The stuff lasts a long time and it is adjustable for how thick you want it to be - as is, it is perfect for a tuning slide, but you need to thin it a bit with valve oil for your first and third valve slides.
    Patrick Gleason

"What we do in life echoes in eternity"
    "At my signal, unleash hell."
    - Maximus Decimus Meridius

Sunny Ca.
    Old school Vasoline
    " It's a dog eat dog world out there and I'm wearing Milk-Bone underwear" Norm Peterson "Cheers"

"No matter how cynical you become, it's never enough to keep up" Lilly Tomlin

Moderator Utimate User Solar Bell's Avatar
    Metro Detroit
    I agree with Alex,

The Ultra-Pure greases are perfect for your slides. One type for the tuning slides and one for the valve slides.

Good stuff.

Chuck Willard
    The Willard of Oz

"Don't be afraid to see what you see."
    Ronald Reagan

Thread Information