Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Trumpet Discussion Discuss Smart Music in the General forums; Has anyone else here been using this? In addition to the obvious advantages of the trumpet music section it has, ...
    Forte User

Smart Music

Has anyone else here been using this?

In addition to the obvious advantages of the trumpet music section it has, I have been really digging the vocal and jazz section. It adds another dimension to practicing vocalise studies when you can work on vocal music in any tempo or key with accompaniment. Any body that doesn’t have it might want to check it out.

I use it all the time. It has helped me tremendously.

Pianissimo User
    Is it a book?

Where could I go about finding more information about it?
    [tpt: Yamaha Xeno Custom]
    [mpc: Monette B6]

Mezzo Forte User bigaggietrumpet's Avatar
    I used it my sr. year in hs for solo and ensemble. Actually, I kinda used it as an unfair advantage. The triplet runs were, for some reason, giving me fits on tempo. So rather than use a laptop to play the music, I recorded it to CD and that way the music would go at a solid tempo- I basically used it as a metronome. Yeah, that wasn't good, but I've learned since. Anyway, it is an excellent program, just kinda pricey.
    Michael Smith
    Hullabaloo: The official band of Texas A&M Basketball
    Kanstul 1537/ Schilke 14
    LA Olds Studio

Forte User
    Quote Originally Posted by BPinard
    Is it a book?

Where could I go about finding more information about it?
    It is a subscription based service that provides you with accompaniment to a range of exercises, method books, and solos.

For instance: it has the piano reduction for the entire Wynton album carnival. You can practice all the solos at any tempo you like.

I have been using it for vocal music as well, I have a few books of Arias I have been using, and they are great to work out a great number of things.

Check out the website when you get a chance.

Smartmusic.com

Quote Originally Posted by bigaggietrumpet
    it is an excellent program, just kinda pricey.
    I paid 90.00 for a year. I don't think that is a lot of money. You can also pay 10.00 a month. Very cheap for what you are getting.

Mezzo Forte User bigaggietrumpet's Avatar
    Normally, I would agree with you. However, considering I'm a college student, I use a bit of a different system:

90 dollars

1) subscription to SmartMusic software, massive fun with trumpet

2) food for probably 2, maybe 3 months (depends on prices).

Seeing as it is written that man cannot live on trumpet alone, I think the latter is more important. But no denying it, SmartMusic is an awesome program (with good speakers, it is a LOT of fun).
    Michael Smith
    Hullabaloo: The official band of Texas A&M Basketball
    Kanstul 1537/ Schilke 14
    LA Olds Studio

Piano User
    90 dollars
    $90 for 2 to 3 months of food?!? Wow, what do you eat, ramen 3 times a day? $90 is severly pushing 1 weeks worth of food, even when I was in college. Even if you survive on just hamburgers alone for dinner that would be $8.00x7days = $56/week. Add to that your fruits and vegetables, drinks, and other stuff (you have to get tired of the same thing over and over again) and you are well over $100 for dinner alone.

Forte User
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBadWolf
    90 dollars
    $90 for 2 to 3 months of food?!? Wow, what do you eat, ramen 3 times a day? $90 is severly pushing 1 weeks worth of food, even when I was in college. Even if you survive on just hamburgers alone for dinner that would be $8.00x7days = $56/week. Add to that your fruits and vegetables, drinks, and other stuff (you have to get tired of the same thing over and over again) and you are well over $100 for dinner alone.
    That 90 is probably on top of a school meal plan.

One of my instructors is actually an artist for Smartmusic. I get to work on my recital music on it. Very awesome piece of technology. Even has a tuner that plays the on-tune note when you are off-tune.

Van

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information