Trumpet Discussion Discuss Some HESSIONS SESSIONS Method Book Reviews!!! in the General forums; Hello Everyone! I am very pleased to report that the method book is being well recieved all around the world! ...
    New Friend

Some HESSIONS SESSIONS Method Book Reviews!!!

Hello Everyone!

I am very pleased to report that the method book is being well recieved all around the world! Here are just a couple of reviews:

Gnostic

It is a very good book.

chetbaker

I, also, recently received Patrick’s new method book and, after a quick read-through, I think it is going to work very well FOR ME. Not knowing all of the methods Patrick, himself, went through (and I’m sure there were many!) it appears to me that besides the breathing , relaxing, range, sound aspect the book also seems to have strong influences from John Glasel’s method, “Relaxation Techniques”...and from another extremely well-known method of one of MY biggest influences/teachers...Carmine Caruso. Since I’ve been “into” both of these methods for the past 30 some years, or so, I can’t see how this book could do anything BUT help me given that there are MANY more insights from Patrick’s own experience/career assembled all in one book in a logical, easy to understand method. Thank you, Patrick!!!

Butch

BellsSuperLube

I just recieved Patrick Hession’s book on Wed. I had a few hours to kill before a concert so I thought I would start reading his book. First of all I think it contains some excellent information about trumpet playing. Second, his emphasis on concentration helped me realize that I wasn’t concentrating like I should be. As a result, my performance on Wednesday night was much better than I had expected. I’m really glad to add this book to my practice routine.

brian125

I have purchased his method book and in reading the “General Approach”, a light went on for me. I too March in a Drum and Bugle corps (Kilties) and have been told about about the importance of air for the upper register as opposed to pressure by various instructors in various terms. Maybe it’s just the culmination of the all termonology used by all of those people and then how Patrick Hession phrases it that it just pushed it deeper into my brain where I coould understand what everyone else meant. In any event I’ve incorporated his thoughts in the prefaces of each of his excercises, where he explains what the goal of the excesise is and how to do it properly to get results, into my regular routine (lip slurs in Arbans or Clarks technical studies excersises and etudes for example) as well as the excersises he’s provided. The bottom line is this book is working for me and I look forward to the day that my chops too will be “invincible.”

Thank you all!

Patrick

Ehh, don't worry about the thread yoink over at TH.com. Todd has been concerned over legal stuff as of late, rightfully so if you're a site moderator I'm guessing. Thankfully I've never had to do that. However, the online trumpet community will definately benefit from your knowledge and experiences, so please don't be discouraged to post as you please! It's always great to have pros showing us what's "really" in the clown's bag of tricks, and thankfully we do have people like you willing to do as such.

Alright, I'd better shut up before I take home the suck up award .
    Bach 180LR, 72 bell
    Bach 1-1/2C
    Bach 3D

Piano User
    Patrick,
    I was at the concert tonight (Greenville, NY). YOU ARE INBE-FREAKIN'-LIEVABLE! I'm going to buy your book.

PS. Happy Birthday!

Thread Information