Hi, I originally posted this in General discussion, maybe it belongs here. I was surprised the topic brought 99 looks, but only one response. I am really hoping someone can shed some light on this for me.

Thanks

PJN Wrote
Hello ,

Glad to see some familiar names, better yet people whose input in on line forums has been of great help to me! I hope to get an answer to yet another question if I may?

Since I picked up my horn after twenty years, I have had an intermittent problem with cracking notes. Usually E on the top of the staff, but also D, G above the staff and A above that.

I have been playing for three years or so now, and while this is not a constant problem, I still have no way to diagnose or address this problem. Mostly I just ignore it and hope it will go away... any advice , suggestions, input would be much appreciated.

This is a really nice forum you have here everybody, thanks for being here.

Patrick

Trumplyr Replied

Usually when I have this problem, it means that I have not prepared to play that note. WHAT ?? What I mean is that when I don't hear the note in my head first, my body (emboucher) isn't sure what to do, so it goes searching and usually misses. I almost always find I have this problem on entrances, not on notes that are part of a passage I'm already into.

Hope this makes sense and helps a little. I'm sure others will add more technical reasons and solutions then I can.

Marty

trumplyr,

I know what you mean, about not being prepared. but this can develop after a note has been initiated. Nice clean attack, then bbrraacckk!

I can imagine all kinds of things that might be happening, but then again, I don't want to dwell on it unless I have something concrete to address.

Thinking too much is way dangerous. Remember when you are at home alone, you are alone with a killer. !!!!

Thanks