Trumpet Discussion Discuss Student Article Wanted! in the General forums; Every month on my website I like to feature a short article written by a HS or college student. It ...

Student Article Wanted!

Every month on my website I like to feature a short article written by a HS or college student. It can be on any music subject -- but the website is aimed toward helping students and advancing students and providing information for parents.

Here are past articles:
    http://www.ibowtie.com/studentmainpage.html

If interested, send me a PM or email.

I think bigaggietrumpet should write an article on how a band trains to fight

M&C
    Dr. Jim Fox
    Licensed Mental Health Therapist
    Owner: www.allbrassradio.com

Mezzo Forte User bigaggietrumpet's Avatar
    Hahaha, well, I don't think that would be exactly what you are lookin' for, but I would be willing to write it if you wanted me to.

BTW, the Fightin' Texas Aggie Band is a member of the corps, which is ROTC. So for the first two years, you receive training just as if you were a regular ROTC. At the end of the second year, you decide whether or not to take a contract with the military. Most of them don't, but they do exist. One of the bass drummers(and my ex-platoon seargent) is goin' into the Airborne Rangers, for that matter.
    Michael Smith
    Hullabaloo: The official band of Texas A&M Basketball
    Kanstul 1537/ Schilke 14
    LA Olds Studio

Mezzo Piano User
    Aggie,

Tell your ex-platoon SGT to have fun at good old Fort Benning where they train Rangers. It's hotter than Texas and has even less to do than a small Texas town. I was stationed there for a short time. Do you plan on staying in long enough to get your spurs?

A&M holds a special place in my heart. It's where my father went to become a firefighter, and I went to an A&M branch........Texas A&M Kingsville, but back then it was know as A&I. They had a pretty smokin' music program.
    Mike
    Eclipse MHY Bell
    1949 Olds Ambassador

Listening has nothing to do with moving your mouth!

Unfortunately, no, I have already left that organization. My outfit had some "issues" that were handled poorly,and they led to my getting out. But lemme tell you, there is no feeling, ANYWHERE, that comes close to when you are marching on Kyle Field. 80,000 people on their feet screaming and cheering as we did the drill (which we usually learned a 6-8 minute drill on Monday morning from 6:45-8:30, which included memorizing the music, then memorizing the drill). I miss it, somewhat, as there was a sense of pride when I put that uniform on every day, but I really think it was the best option for me.
    Michael Smith
    Kanstul 1537/ Schilke 14
    LA Olds Studio

bigaggietrumpet

If you would like to write an article of your choosing, let me know!

M&C
    Dr. Jim Fox

Piano User
    um....*peeps out from corner where he's been hiding* I'm in MS, does that count? I could write, I'm a good student, good at my instrument, people jst stereotpye and think I'm not good enough, but they never give me a chance to do anything, and so they say I can't, even though I'm pretty good, and they haven't heard me, so they're stereotyping...so um, think about it?
    *goes back to being shunned by older people who are stereotypical*

I already covered this month. Bet he'll let you express your views of "stereotyping" next month though.

Edit: That is, if he accepts what I wrote....
    Michael Smith
    Kanstul 1537/ Schilke 14
    LA Olds Studio

Quote Originally Posted by Lazorphaze
    um....*peeps out from corner where he's been hiding* I'm in MS, does that count? I could write, I'm a good student, good at my instrument, people jst stereotpye and think I'm not good enough, but they never give me a chance to do anything, and so they say I can't, even though I'm pretty good, and they haven't heard me, so they're stereotyping...so um, think about it?
    *goes back to being shunned by older people who are stereotypical*
    No, I would love to read an article from a MS student. April is covered as BigAggie said, but May is available. Send it to: docfox(at)ibowtie.com

M&C
    Dr. Jim Fox

Check out what BigAggieTrumpet wrote. It is a great article:

http://www.ibowtie.com/studentperspe...icafterHS.html

M&C
    Dr. Jim Fox

Piano User
    any topic at all?