Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By luvsbookerittle
  • 1 Post By rowuk
  • 1 Post By veery715
  • 2 Post By amzi
Trumpet Discussion Discuss This sucks!!! in the General forums; I'm having ass problems, i.e. abscess and recovering from fistula surgery. The doctor says I shouldn't play. Sometimes it does ...
    New Friend
    New York

This sucks!!!

I'm having ass problems, i.e. abscess and recovering from fistula surgery. The doctor says I shouldn't play. Sometimes it does hurt. And I do overblow. But even the flute hurts lately. So I play the piano, guitar congas and bongos. BUT IT'S NOT THE SAME!!!! This has been going on for too long

student model Yamaha trumpet
    Penn (Getzen stencil) trumpet
    gunshowtickets likes this.

Re: This sucks!!!

Don't do anything stupid! I did and ended up having to lay off for 3 months!
    luvsbookerittle likes this.
    Whenever I feel blue, I start breathing again.

Ithaca NY

Destroy your health and no one will hear you play. Take Rowuk's advice and stop until you have recovered.
    luvsbookerittle likes this.
    Nothing is more contagious or tenacious than music. Once you are exposed it gets inside you and you can never get rid of it. It is also non-discriminating. It can be Ride of the Valkyries, In a Gadda da Vida, the Jeopardy 15 second thinking tune, your most disliked commercial jingle - it doesn't matter. Once triggered, off you go, like it or not.

Northern California

This too shall pass. It started out with an abscessed tooth, then abdominal surgery. After that followed (in no particular order) 3 root canals, an extraction with accompanying bone graft--which failed and had to be redone. A second abdominal surgery, a GI system infection, cardiac and respiratory problems, then a TIA. Finally, Wednesday I get a bridge and 2 crowns, all to finish what started a bit over 18 months ago. In that time I've lost 130 pounds which destroyed my embouchure losing about a third off my upper range in the process. But I've continued to play when I could with 3 different bands, a symphony, and a little solo work. (This included two 6 week physician ordered layoffs, after the surgeries.) It can be tough, but you've just got to make up your mind you're going to make it through the rough patch. Follow your doctor's orders, play and practice as much as you can, and above all have fun.
    Dupac and luvsbookerittle like this.
    Recording Olds Trumpet (64)
    Bb MLV Strad (69) ML 37 Strad (71) C ML Strad 236 (65)
    Couesnon Flugelhorn
    Bach Strad Bass Trumpet
    Holton T171 Alto Trumpet
    Kanstul 920 Piccolo Trumpet
    Yamaha 6610S Eb/D Trumpet

Thread Information