Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Trumpet Discussion Discuss Suggestions On Good Reasonable Trumpets in the General forums; Originally Posted by gzent Take a look around this site, compare it to any other trumpet web site and then ...
    Mezzo Piano User
    Quote Originally Posted by gzent

Take a look around this site, compare it to any other trumpet web site and then ask yourself "If Zeus was not a respected brand would it merit its own dedicated forum on trumpetmaster.com?".
    Oh come on now!! Zeus brings "traffic" to this site because it's controversial. A smart webmaster invites it in, knowing that any discussion is better than no discussion. There are plenty of well respected makers without dedicated forums here.

Notice, I'm not saying there's anything wrong with Zeus. (I hope to review one before this year is out). I'm just saying that its inclusion here on TrumpetMaster is NOT a proof of its greatness.

Dave
    Schilke '60 B1
    Selmer Paris -- '57 #20 K-Modified/
    '03 Concept TT w/ GR66.8B2.8
    '94 Lawler TL cornet w/ Sparx 2B
    Conn Vintage One flugel - GR66FD
    www.pitpops.com www.ucm-inc.com
    Rocky Mountain Trumpet Fest

Pianissimo User
    I just wanted to close this forum saying I have been looking at many kinds of trumpets. I will let you know when I get one and what I get. Thanks to all for advice :)

Quote Originally Posted by dcstep
    Oh come on now!! Zeus brings "traffic" to this site because it's controversial. A smart webmaster invites it in, knowing that any discussion is better than no discussion. There are plenty of well respected makers without dedicated forums here.
    I think TrumpetMaster left trumpetherald.com and started this site because he was tired of some of the political BS going on over there. He kindly invited me to come join here and promised a Zeus forum where the horn could be discussed without the bashing on TH. Look at some of the moderators, Tom Turner, Jack Kanstul, Flip Oakes, Leigh, Bruce Lee, these are highly respected trumpet experts and gentlemen. TrumpetMaster has chosen moderators and forums based on character, not to increase his "traffic".
    Stop acting like someone shot your dog.

Mezzo Piano User
    TrumpetMaster has chosen moderators and forums based on character, not to increase his "traffic".
    Yeah, sure. :?
    Schilke '60 B1

Mezzo Piano User
    TrumpetMaster has chosen moderators and forums based on character, not to increase his "traffic".
    Let's see, Zeus was chosen by TrumpetMaster for a descrete marque forum; therefore, its "character" is superior to Blackburn, Getzen, Jupiter, Selmer-Paris, Smith Watkins, etc., etc.. I don't think so.

Please notice, I'm not "bashing" Zeus, I merely contesting a totally unsupportable, illogical conclusion. I actually think that Zeus horns might be a viable alternative for many trumpeters. Also, I've seen many signs that many of the Zeus dealers have plenty of character, so I'm not bashing them either.

TrumpetMaster is a wonderful and useful service, with growing influence and importance; however, it is not yet the end-all/be-all of trumpet knowledge.

Dave
    Schilke '60 B1

del

Based on what I've seen TM adds forums when there is a demand AND he can find a fair, expert moderator.

Mezzo Piano User
    Like I said, "traffic" not quality. You can have both, but traffic is VERY important to anyone running a website.

Dave
    Schilke '60 B1

I agree that traffic is very important and that the Zeus forum draws considerable attention, I just think that those are not the reasons that TrumpetMaster created a Zeus forum, that's all. :)

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread Information