Trumpet Discussion Discuss Super Bowl 1/2 time with Beyonce - Maybe in the General forums; Hi All, While speaking to Gary Grant today asking him about a player who he worked with in the 60's ...
    Piano User

Super Bowl 1/2 time with Beyonce - Maybe

Hi All,

While speaking to Gary Grant today asking him about a player who he worked with in the 60's on Woody' Band, Nat Pavone ( " Light MY Fire - album ) to answer a TM question, the Super Bowl recording session came into the conversation.

Much to my dismay Beyonce ( and the screaming trumpet section behind her ) will definitely be singing the Star Spangled Banner, but the other 4 numbers pre recorded were done as an insurance policy in case Janet Jackson does not show up for half time extravaganza to lip sync her numbers.

I guess there are certain contractual concerns in the CBS Sports TV camp concerning Miss Jackson and so Beyonce was re quested to record the extra stuff in case Janet doesn't show up. Bib, Big money spent on that session alone. Engineers, musicians, arrangers , copyist, music librarian , Star entourage, etc

Janet canceled the large recording ensemble, opting for a small R and B style back up band and her vocal could be added later and not be bothered to attend the sessions.

Beyonce is still rehearsing the stand-in half time numbers with her dancers and crew for the show costing every more big money. Well, that's the update.

I , for one , hope Janet doesn't show and Beyonce and the ' Fab Four " trpt section can be heard by all.

I have to thank PSalt for asking the Nat Pavone question that prompted the call to Gary. I would have c***ed my pants if I didn't know this and all of a sudden " We'll be right back for the second half after these messages by our sponsors" is announced and no Beyonace an the Fab Four.

LG

Fortissimo User
    Got to agree, Larry: I'd rather rest my eyes on Beyonce any day rather than Janet. ("I am Foxy Cleopatra and I am all WOMAN!") Dang...I'll say she is. I found out from the Superbowl website that MTV/MTV2 were the ones doing the recording session, so I went to the MTV website but sadly there is nowhere to be found any information on the actual sessions themselves, nor who all were "in the chairs". In fact, not really anything other than a general "this is who will be featured" sort of line.

Thread Information