I just read a locked thread...you know. Unreal. Just wanted to say how much I appreciate reading your great advice...not to mention listening to you play. We are extremely fortunate to have someone of your caliber willing to spend his valuable time helping folks like us. And...as someone who owns an Eclipse MR...well, it's a fantastic instrument. It is extremely responsive...intonation's great...it screams, it's mellow. Just great. That said, I visited Portland a few months ago and am anticipating the delivery of my new P3 with great eagerness...for me the new P3 is just one step above. It's even more responsive...more overtones, etc....and the new valves are amazing. I'll certainly not part with the MR...or my old Bach strad for that matter. One thing I respect about both Monette and Eclipse...is that their best instruments weren't built before 1965. They both, particularily Dave Monette...continue to stretch the limits of their imaginations...rather than trying to replicate the past.

By the way...I'm in Milwaukee...but much of my family resides in the Twin Cities and I get up there from time to time. I'd JUMP, LEAP etc. (a true feat for a big guy like me) at the chance to meet you in person and listen to you play my set-up(s). Especially once I get the P3. Thanks again. Dave Brown