Trumpet Discussion Discuss Thanks, Dave in the General forums; I'm still new around here but I'm really enjoying reading your insights which are all very excellent. I'll give you ...
    New Friend

Thanks, Dave

I'm still new around here but I'm really enjoying reading your insights which are all very excellent. I'll give you two tumbs up, way up, Dave. Love your stuff.
    Larry

Forte User

Re: Thanks, Dave

I agree Larry! Dave has provided us with some Excellent Information on this forum! Thanks Dave!

TM

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Smithee
    I'm still new around here but I'm really enjoying reading your insights which are all very excellent. I'll give you two tumbs up, way up, Dave. Love your stuff.
    Larry

Pianissimo User
    Dittos! Dave is a valuable asset to this site.
    PAUL NELSON - Eclipse White Lightning / Getzen Eterna 900 Classic

Fortissimo User
    I even saw a post in another forum where someone was "knocking Dave" because he couldn't get any replies to his posts! Now that's a laugh and a half. The man is posting information and someone wants to see flames and arguments? Sheesh...I'd say he was checking the WRONG FORUM!

PH
    Mezzo Piano User
    The post I believe you are referring to was mine. I was not mocking Dave. Au contraire. I was taunting the people who frequent this site because all they want to talk about is gear and Dave seems to be the only one talking about trying to become a better player.

It appears everyone else spends their time trying to improve their playing by finding a better horn or mouthpiece while Dave thinks about playing, talks to other players about playing, and probably actually practices a lot.

Come on TM guys! This place will never be interesting to serious trumpet players if it remains an e-bay satellite and online showroom for esoteric and obscure trumpet and mouthpiece makers.

Fortissimo User
    Then I "stand corrected", PH. (put in a ) next time willya? It's hard to keep track of the players without a scorecard!

But I agree that although the ball is starting rolling, we need to keep pushing it. Still....it's nice to have so many of the custom guys (whether horn OR mouthpiece) in here. I don't think that anyone at Steinway/Selmer is going to join up so as to give us the "official answers" on Bach questions (or Yamaha or......). So I reckon we're lucky to have a few folks willing to act as moderators with their sometimes rather significant knowledge base until someone better might come along.

(still wish we coulda snagged Roddy for the comebacker/beginner forum).

BUT...."Yes!!! GO DAVE!!!!!".

New Friend
    PH...... do you think the trumpet herald is some mecca for musical discussion or the real "serious" players please...

i have seen more good info posted in daves tone production forum in 3 weeks then 3 years on the trumpet herald. i like the trumpet herald allright but do you really think everyone is talking about music over there..

also i might like to get tips on trumpet playing like i see in the tone forum but i don't need dedicated teacher forums. in my opinion trumpet playing should be learned from a teacher not a some internet forum. both of these sites have there up sides and down. i think you will find a bunch of "serious" players and pro players over here. people like to talk about gear on the internet..

btw... its nice to see you here ph.. glad to have you here

Quote Originally Posted by PH
    The post I believe you are referring to was mine. I was not mocking Dave. Au contraire. I was taunting the people who frequent this site because all they want to talk about is gear and Dave seems to be the only one talking about trying to become a better player.

It appears everyone else spends their time trying to improve their playing by finding a better horn or mouthpiece while Dave thinks about playing, talks to other players about playing, and probably actually practices a lot.

Come on TM guys! This place will never be interesting to serious trumpet players if it remains an e-bay satellite and online showroom for esoteric and obscure trumpet and mouthpiece makers.

Piano User
    Dave's info always interests me because it's so TRUE. It always seems to confirm my own beliefs about playing in general, but also gives me a lot of really cool ways to practice things differently.
    Just curious, what qualifies one as a "serious" player? Is it an issue of dedication? ie. . you spend 5 hours a day practicing or more everyday for at least a year, or is it a matter of gigs... ie.. get paid to play at least 3-5 gigs a week, or is it simply a matter of playing ability? Not ment to mock, just curious.
    -J
    Bach 37
    4MC/NY BB

Thread Information