Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
Trumpet Discussion Discuss Tine Thing Helseth in the General forums; Originally Posted by rowuk Jon, do you think that tenThing would be interested in a position at TM - Artists ...
    Casper, WY

Re: Tine Thing Helseth

Quote Originally Posted by rowuk View Post
    do you think that tenThing would be interested in a position at TM - Artists in Residence? They have a unique view of the music world being beautiful, young and successful. They could divide the posting work up between them to keep the load down. There is (not only) a STRONG Norwegian following in the midwest that could really get into this!

Robin, I'm all for it. But the TM jerk-factor bodes ill. What a wonderful deal if would happen. Time for old and new to confab, and we flies on the wall watch magic.

The Wide Brown Land

Quote Originally Posted by Rushtucky View Post
    Due to the fact that I am not as nearly as good as her, or even close for that matter, I can't keep from babbling. To think what I sounded like when I was 20 years old compared to her accomplishments at the age of!!!

Now I am in my 50s and still not anywhere near her talent.
    We all fall into this trap Rushtucky (and certainly without taking anything away from the talents of Tine Thing Helseth) - do you think she is able to compare with you as a music educator - at 20, were you good at football, baseball, snooker - how can you compare talents. Yes she is a fine trumpet player, effortlessly it seems, with an attractive countenance but you must compare apples with apples, oranges with oranges, Norwegians with Norwegians, beer with beer.

Don't beat yourself up, rejoice in Tine's talent and the joy it gives you - it was someone like you who taught her music so that she could share her talent. Rejoice as much in your own achievement - because it is different to everyone else's and is therefore - special.

Harrelson Bravura
    Getzen Eterna Classic 900
    Getzen Eterna II 700S
    Boosey & Hawkes Regent MkII
    Weril EP4071 Pocket
    Boosey & Hawkes Eb Tenor Horn

Piano User Bloomin Untidy Musician's Avatar

I love this girl's playing!! In fact i think her recordings of the Haydn and Hummel are amongst my favourite. Apart from their elegance and musicality, they are extremely well engineered, and draw the best out of her playing.

On the other hand in recent recordings of Alison Balsom i have found her sound to be slightly fluffy. Don't get me wrong i think she is a superb player, but i don't like the engineer's interpretation of her sound. It lacks the sparkle needed for the classical repertoire (IMHO). I think the recording setup would suit french music better.

Hillsborough, NJ

Very nice sound and effortless style.

Forte User
    Clarksburg, WV

She's very talented and I would recommend her CD's.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread Information