Good day Ladies & Gentlemen;
I wanted to take a brief moment to tell you all about the wonderful experience my students and I just had. I have been a band director for almost 10 years now. In that time, I have tried to share as many "real world" experiences with my students as possible. Most recently, I was able to invite a dear friend of mine to work and perform with several of my students. The story is well worth sharing.

Trent Austin and I had been tossing around the idea of having him come down to Florida to work with my students for however long an engagement he was able to do. As it turned out, he was in the (general) area for only 48 hours. Nonetheless, I jumped at the chance to have him come out.

I am sure that several of you know of Trent as an outstanding player. I am writing to attest to his abilities as an educator and clinician as well.

My students (and I) learned a tremendous amount simply by listening to him play. Trent did 2 concerts with my big band during his visit. In addition, he presented clinics on practice habits, rehearsals, auditions, professional music, recording, public relations and even web design. Each clinic was well thought out, stimulating and thought provoking. Mr. Austin's ability to relate to ANY audience is truly outstanding. Those attending his clinics were just as captivated as those listening to him perform. Students and teachers alike found his presentations informative yet down to earth.

Another faculty member (who knows little of the music business) said this:

“Excellent job relating to high school students! Appreciated his prowess in connecting what students are learning in the classroom with job applicability.”

Dr. Mark C. Malham, Career and Technical Education team leader and Web Designing teacher

“We liked hearing about the opportunities for good web designers.” Alex S. High school senior

I could type for hours regarding our experience but I will spare you that expense. I will say though; if you are ever in a position to bring in a guest artist or clinician, Trent Austin is the best I have come across!

If you would like to hear further of our experiences, please contact me. I would be happy to share all of the positives we encountered!