Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Trumpet Discussion Discuss Triple T in the General forums; Originally Posted by tylertrumpet Nicely put rowuk. On a further note, what do you believe to be the biggest advantages/disadvantages ...

Re: Triple T

Quote Originally Posted by tylertrumpet View Post
    Nicely put rowuk. On a further note, what do you believe to be the biggest advantages/disadvantages of using a TTK/DDG tonguing as opposed to a TKT/DGD tonguing or vice versa?

Personally I use the TTK/DDG because I feel like I have better control of the first note of the triplet. Since the last note in the sequence is done with the back of the tongue it allows me to set up the front of the triplet.
    Also, say for instance the last note of the triplet is accented. I find it easier to devote the K syllable to the accent. That way I dont fumble over which of the T notes to accent.

I did not realize that so many people used the TKT method.

Comments? Thoughts?
    Comments? Usually...........

Any of us that state that we use .... or .... do so in fact because WE WERE TOO DAMN LAZY TO SPEND THE TIME TO FINISH THE JOB. Good enough is the thinking.

I am not putting "good enough" down, rather only into perspective. The articulate trumpeter is one worth listening to. If you don't have a clean TTK, then your breathing probably stinks. The tongue is used by many players to start the sound production because the lips do not repond without the hammering from the attack. Once our breathing is really down, our tone reliably starts just by exhaling and only a wee bit of tongue is needed to "articulate" the sound. At that point, we can use what ever we want to separate the tone.

If your preparation is decent, the rest is only a question of dedication. Without the proper breath support, most anything trumpet is a comprimise. Don't try to make excuses. Solve the problem.
    Whenever I feel blue, I start breathing again.

I have a question- I've never actually heard of the TTK method before; what are some advantages of this method over TKT (TGT)?

the way i see it is that its really not different at all your just skipping a little, kinda lol. for instance

essentially the same as

its all in the head i reckon.

but thats where its always been, right? haha
    just the placing of that light note.
    i guess the application would just be where you want to put your "accent" note or whatever.
    super collegiate tri-tone (raw brass)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information