Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Trumpet Discussion Discuss Trumpet Help! in the General forums; The ball is in TrumpetChris334s court. He needs to let us know what his doc says. No further speculation necessary. ...

Re: Trumpet Help!

The ball is in TrumpetChris334s court. He needs to let us know what his doc says. No further speculation necessary.

The medicine is not over the counter so a local doc needs to get involved anyway.

I too am very cautious about medicine and the internet. I really believe in Cyberphobia - read about it online and get it - even better copy and paste the symptom into a forum and see what happens.....

Let's wait and see if Chris really reacts based on the qualified responses................ or disappears like many others looking to be spoonfed.
    Whenever I feel blue, I start breathing again.

Quote Originally Posted by Darten View Post

To paraphrase Rafael Mendez, "Playing the trumpet properly is like talking, it should be effortless."

That is exactly the goal of the vocal training I got, "Vocal Ease". The goal being to have singing as natural and effortless as talking. I'm not sure about trumpet playing (eventually being effortless) but the singing goal was met in just two years of lessons. Singing for me now is just about the same as talking .... in terms of difficulty. It certainly is attainable!!!

It's going to take longer, probably, to reach a point like that with trumpet.

Trumpets are for extroverts - Lee Morgan

Levittown , NY

I am not a doctor,but I am a trumpet player who has been playing lead or scream professionally for the last 36 years. If the op only has this problem only when trying to play high notes, then I would say it's poor breathing habits. He should get with a good teacher and work on correct breathing and breath support. 99.9% of players who are having physical problems with their playing is because of poor technique (usually breathing)not a medical problem.

New York State USA

Quote Originally Posted by gbdeamer View Post
    I have no idea why you're acting differently than I think you should. (sentence cleaned up by the moderator - we can disagree without name calling. For heavier duty action there is a button to report the post)

I assumed that he was a doctor. Doesn't change my opinion or my post.

I appreciate that our resident doctor has prepared a diagnosis based on one brief post from a teenager on an internet forum, but there are too many things we don't know about the OP to make a realistic conclusion.
    I have since edited my post and apologized to everyone - I often jump to conclusions, and run off at the mouth, that is until I stick my foot in my mouth --- then I slow down ----- and the exercise regimen is over.
    I also am on somedays --- overly distracted, overly tired, and probably should not post on those days!!!!!!!!!

to TM community ---and especially GBDEAMER --- I am sorry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by kingtrumpet; 07-02-2011 at 12:44 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information