Hello, all -
This Thursday, May 5, I will be giving a recital at Maine South High School in Park Ridge, IL (1111 S. Dee Road). Park Ridge is approximately 20-25 minutes NW (mostly west) of Chicago. The first half will be trumpet(s) and piano, plus Adrienne Grove as solo soprano. Lori Langridge is my accompanist and we will be doing "Fanfare" (by me, for 2 trpts & piano), "Three Bel Canto Songs" (3 songs from the late Renaisance by Pergolesi, Marcello, and Caldara), "Libera me" (again by me, with soprano soloist, composed just last fall), and the Sachse "Concertino" in Eb. This is the same one John Hagstrom recorded with the Chicago Brass Choir in 2000.

The second half will be jazz, featuring me accompanied by a small band of 2 trumpets, alto, tenor, trombone, vibes, bass, and drums. These are students from the school who play in my big band there. We'll doing arrangements (not just head charts) of Blues for Kruse (Stewart), Waterlemon Tan (Stewart), Star Dust (Carmichael), and Take the "A" Train (Elllington). Should be a pretty fun show.

The recital starts @ 7:30. There is no cover charge.