Trumpet Discussion Discuss Trumpet player wanted for professional stage performance gro in the General forums; ...
    New Friend

Trumpet player wanted for professional stage performance gro

Top level trumpet player with good range, endurance, flexibility, and professionalism wanted to work with equally qualified performers. The right person knows the meaning of being professional, enjoys a challenge, and can have fun at the same time.

One position only is available for the right person. Others have tried but OK isnā€™t good enough. We are all about producing a level that is off the charts and nothing less. If that is you, please do contact us. Be prepared to work hard. Is every note, every grace note, important to you? It is to us.

This on-stage performance group is well-known, has been performing professionally for 22 years, and is treated like royalty at the finest hotels and venues where it performs.

This is a unique opportunity like no other, offering ongoing work throughout the year. Audience size averaging 2,000 to 3,000 + people. Much of the work falls on days and a time of day unlikely to conflict with other performance work you might have, though not always. Almost all of the time the performances are scheduled with great advance notice.

PERFORMANCE WORK:
    * Well paid shows throughout the entireĀ*year.
    * Performances in Philadelphia, NY, Baltimore, & Washington DC.

REHEARSALS:
    * South Jersey on Monday afternoons, just across the river from Philly.
    * Frequency of rehearsal is variable dependent on the amount of performance work.

PERSONAL REQUIREMENTS:
    * Strong, professional level trumpet player.
    * Must have good reading and memorization capabilities.
    * Dance, marching or performance background a plus.

* Must have flexible schedule with advance notice.
    * Reliable transportation.
    * References required.

ADDITIONAL NOTE: If you do not have a car we cannot put you to work even though we wish very much that we could. You would not be able to get to our rehearsals and performances as we would need.

Please respond via email: alexandriaroyal

Thank you!

Mezzo Piano User trumpet blower88's Avatar
    Why is it when people advertise for openings like this, they never say the name of the group?
    -David Jacques

Hmmm... It seems kinda familiar...
    http://www.trumpetmaster.com/forums/...ghlight=#34359
    -David Jacques

DIS
    Pianissimo User
    Unless I'm mistaken, Alexandria Royal is a Drum and Bugle Corps. Get out your marching shoes!

Quote Originally Posted by DIS
    Unless I'm mistaken, Alexandria Royal is a Drum and Bugle Corps. Get out your marching shoes!
    Actualy I believe they were a Dum and Bule Corps, but if I remember right they were one of the few corps who followed the path of Star of Indiana and became a stage show corps, like Blast.

I'm not positive though...
    -David Jacques

Either way, it sounds like a "you haul your @$$, horn, gear, car, and everything else all over this half of the planet while I pay you minimum wage and suck all the proceeds out of your talent" type of gig. Why did they resort to posting here in the first place? Are they that desperate?
    Bach 180LR, 72 bell
    Bach 1-1/2C
    Bach 3D

Quote Originally Posted by FlugelFlyer
    Either way, it sounds like a "you haul your @$$, horn, gear, car, and everything else all over this half of the planet while I pay you minimum wage
    Actualy... what it sounds like to me, if this is the old Alexandria Royal Corps that is now a stage show, it actulay cost a good amount of money to participate.

So, it sounds more like a "you haul your @$$, horn, gear, car, and everything else all over this half of the planet while you give us $2,000."
    -David Jacques

I guess if that's your ball of wax, fantastic.
    Bach 180LR, 72 bell
    Bach 1-1/2C
    Bach 3D

Thread Information