Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree58Likes
Trumpet Discussion Discuss trumpet question !!?? suggestion in the General forums; On the one hand, I'm a Mariachi fan, so anyone who would put Mariachi in their moniker is allright with ...

Re: trumpet question !!?? suggestion

On the one hand, I'm a Mariachi fan, so anyone who would put Mariachi in their moniker is allright with me.

On the other hand, I do not appraciate this kind of vulgarity in our forumn. Yes, it's a public forumn, but it's OUR public forumn and here is a place where we can create an atmosphere that is good for trumpet players ........ of all ages. Profanity like that should be kept private and in PMs only .... where, from my experience as the recipient of such ugliness, you will get banned.

Last edited by turtlejimmy; 04-21-2012 at 10:12 AM.
    tedh1951 likes this.
    Trumpets are for extroverts - Lee Morgan

I'd like to hear from the younger members here too. Cody and DaTrump could have some very valuable input here. I am not asking for approval to ban.

As you all notice, I have not edited the post in question. This time I thought that I would get the community involved so that mariachi can easily see that "Lower" class or No-er class have no place here.

You should all notice that he has NEVER responded with the results of the standard tried and true lesson material that we gave him.
    Whenever I feel blue, I start breathing again.

SF Bay Area

Being a younger player (close to Cody), I was very surprised to see that sort of language used. I've been very pleased with the professionalism of this forum, and to have mariachi soiling the name if younger players is disappointing to say the least.

Forte User
    Tuscaloosa, AL.

Redundant post + profanity = Banned. This is a civil community. It is even in the interest of the OP to be banned, to learn a lesson in life about appropriate behavior. Coach Saban would kick a starting player off the team for using this language to him. Rowuk you're Coach Saban today!

Dayton, Ohio

My vote:
    patkins likes this.
    1940 Olds Super Recording
    1946 Martin Committee
    1953 Olds Recording (LA)
    1965 Olds Ambassador
    1967 Olds Recording (Fullerton)
    1973 Getzen 4 Valve Eterna Flugelhorn
    2012 Kanstul 4 Valve 1526 Flugelhorn
    2014 Allora Pocket Trumpet

Banned Fortissimo User
    Florida, US

Quote Originally Posted by rowuk View Post
    Hey guys,
    I really try to get to the real problem, not doctor up some symptom. Obviously this kid is not interested. The vulgarity is typical for those not interested. As far as what I do with myself, it is safe to say that mariachi is in no position to be giving advice.

My question to you all: does he in your opinion deserve to be banned? His contributions are marginal. Let's consider the source and do something useful with this.
    Hmmmm, I dont know. This kid doesnt know anything about TM, let alone lip problems. I think that every single member here as something to contribute to TM, Gary, Ted, or evenmariachiplayer123. This is something I would have to think about.

IMO, I think we should all give negative rep points, if he cares he will try to show us that he likes TM and doesnt like red reps. If anyone of us sees a really good post from this point on, give him good reps to show that we are accepting his posts now. But I say one more post like this and he is gone forever. That is what I think, do you agree?

Banned Fortissimo User
    Florida, US

Come on guys, I just read the last page here, page 3. I am kind of surprised that you all say banned. Except Robin. I 100% understand that this is not called for, for you that saw my post before I edited it, that was what I thought. I just really dont feel a ban is in order here.

I assume the poster is a young student. First, he needs to realize that this forum is for anyone interested in trumpet, from beginner to top pro. This is also a very civil forum. I don't put up with vulgarity in my work, or from students, so he needs to understand that his foul language has no place here. My own kid reads the forum occasionally and I expect it to be a G rating.

As far as redundancy -no one is being forced to respond to him. If we don't think he is taking advicre and just repeating already answered questions, then just ignore him.

Hopefully he sees the many posts displeased with his bad language and cleans up his act. Otherwise ban.
    tobylou8 likes this.
    Olds Supers, LA (1953), Ful. (1962)
    Olds Recording, LA (1952)
    Olds Studio, LA (1953)
    Olds Special, Ful. (1964)
    Olds Ambassador, LA (1954)
    Olds Ambassador, Ful. (1973)
    Bach Strads 37-(1967, 1970, 1974, 1982)
    Bach Strad 72 MLV (1973), 72* (1982)
    Kanstul 1500 (2002), 1502 (2008), 1503 (2002)
    Kanstul 1537 (2007)
    Kanstul Chicago (2000)
    Kanstul 1510 C
    King Liberty (1929,1929)
    King Liberty 2 (1938, 1944)
    King Liberty 2b (1950)
    J.H. Darby 45 USA
    Holton (Revelation) 1924
    Kanstul 1525 Flugelhorn

After reading this thread in its entirety, I've decided it is time to move on. It is extremely unlikely there will be any further postings from me.
    Rich T.

Huntsville, Texas

I think suspension is the answer, not an outright banning or a slap on the wrist. Mariachi has shown an interest in improvement but no desire. Banning him would be eliminating a medium in which for him to improve, and quite frankly isn't that one of the main points of TM? To allow those without proper access to teaching, to have a way to improve. Suspension of posts is enough to give them the "time out" they deserve. As I said before, the post was uncalled for and immature. And as Cody said every player has something to contribute, as little as it may be. Maybe Mariachi does have something to enrich us with but does not understand the level of maturity and professionalism that we try to maintain here. So, in short, suspension and a calm, friendly PM should be enough of a punishment.

And Richtom, if it is your time to move on, so be it. Your contributions and expertise will be missed.
    "There are two sides to a trumpeter's personality: there is the one that lives only to lay waste to the woodwinds and strings, leaving them lying blue and lifeless along the swath of destruction that is a trumpeter's fury; then there's the dark side...." --Michael Stewart

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information