Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree6Likes
Trumpet Discussion Discuss Trumpet Repair Tools in the General forums; Since you are in Europe, it is probably easier to get your tools from a European supplier. Josef Böhm e.K. ...

Re: Trumpet Repair Tools

Since you are in Europe, it is probably easier to get your tools from a European supplier.

Josef Böhm e.K. Spezialwerkzeuge für Musikinstrumente: Home
    After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music. ~Aldous Huxley
    If at first you don't succeed, keep on suckin' until you do suck-a-seed. ~ Clark Terry

Trumpet Maker

Vienna, Austria, Europe

To clarify: "supersonic" refers to the speed of sound waves through air, which is the same irrespective of the frequency. "Ultrasound" is sound of very high frequency beyond human hearing, usually defined at above 25,000 hertz. Ultrasound through an incompressible medium (like water) can clean tartar off teeth, accumulated dirt off jewellery, accumulated gunk off trumpets. Supersonic sound can ony very rarely do that; but a supersonic boom will most likely shatter your windows before your trumpet is clean.

New York State USA

Quote Originally Posted by barliman2001 View Post
    ...........; but a supersonic boom will most likely shatter your windows before your trumpet is clean.
    well I am going to quit taking my trumpets to the local air force base ----- I knew someone was putting me on, I just knew it. I should have paid attention way back when in Physics Class, instead of cheating off the Valedictorians paper ---- but she was cute and didn't mind!!! ---- but look where it got me!!! supersonic boom cleaning, that apparently never worked!!!
    1991 King Silver Flair
    1953 Olds Super (LA)
    1979 King KG1055T (pre UMI) Silver Flair
    1940? Olds Ambassador (LA) tenor trombone

I'm not responsible for offending people -- people are responsible for themselves taking offense at me

Utimate User
    Jackson NC

I flown twice at supersonic speed, one of those times I didn't want to ... in a dive and I ejected. The other time being only a JATO bottle spurt. No, such would not be a viable cleaner. Too, I don't believe ultrasound alone would be either, but they can produce intense vibratory agitation that increases the effectiveness of cleaning agents. Too, there is medical ultrasound imaging which I've been regularly tested with by my cardiologists. Normal human hearing hasn't a set of acceptable scientific parameters. The Otolaryngologist relates that my wife has an extremely high range of hearing and I can validate that whereas she now cannot hear the lowest six notes on a piano and can hear a silent dog whistle a furlong distance away albeit it is irritating as is a violin "screetch," piccolos and some of my piccolo trumpet parts ... the reason she will not attend concerts with me.
    kingtrumpet likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information