Trumpet Discussion Discuss Trumpeter Sandoval Blows Horn for Freedom in the General forums; One of the biggest cultural blows to Fidel Castro occurred in 1990, when jazz trumpet master Arturo Sandoval, who had ...
    New Friend

Trumpeter Sandoval Blows Horn for Freedom

One of the biggest cultural blows to Fidel Castro occurred in 1990, when jazz trumpet master Arturo Sandoval, who had toured the world wowing audiences with his horn and touting La RevoluciĆ³n, defected and proceeded to proclaim that everything he had said about Castro was a lie.

View the main story at www.myauditions.com
    Best,

Jack Reynolds, Director/Community Programs
    MyAuditions
    Performing Arts Career Resources
    www.myauditions.com

Mezzo Forte User bigaggietrumpet's Avatar
    There is a movie that was heavily assisted by Sandoval that tells his amazing story. It stars Andy Garcia as Sandoval and is called "For love or Country" (The "or" could be an "of" I don't remember). I really enjoyed it, and Sandoval really did a great job on the music for the movie. If nothing else, listen to it for the music on it! 8)
    Michael Smith
    Hullabaloo: The official band of Texas A&M Basketball
    Kanstul 1537/ Schilke 14
    LA Olds Studio

Q: What do you think of President George W. Bush in general and on issues relating to Cuba?

A: His first priority is to keep this country safe and working. A lot of people don't get it. He has a big responsibility. He has a lot more problems than Cuba. He has problems a lot bigger than that. President Bush is a good man who is doing his best for all of us Americans.

I'm a Republican, 100 percent. I believe the best presidents have been Republicans, and I like the older Bush [President George H.W. Bush] very much, as well. I like [Ronald] Reagan very much. But I'm so busy trying to put my music together I'm not very involved in politics.
    What? This must be some sort of gigantic conspiracy! Every REAL musician knows that you can't be a real musician if you're a Republican!?!

Somebody call John Kerry, quick!

I'm at a loss...... :wink:
    Stop acting like someone shot your dog.

Forte User
    Do you really think one of John Kerry's priorities, if he gets elected, will be increasing the government's funding of the performing arts?

I think we are screwed no matter who gets elected.

M.

Piano User
    maybe there would be some money for the arts if the deficit wasn't so high. 8)
    1946 Martin Committee, Bach 5V

Thread Information