Get in touch with your state Military Funeral Honors program. They are usualy at the state headquarters for the National Guard.

I am a retired guard band member. I am on a list that they call, and pay me $50 when they can't get one of the guard band members to play taps.

I don't know if all states do this or not. Wisconsin does. I do know it took a while to get it set up.

I myself would do it for nothing, but it is nice to get a little stipend to cover expenses especially when you travel an hour or more in one direction to play.

The only thing I don't like about TAPS is that sick feeling in the pit of your stomach that takes a lolng while to go away on the occation that you frack a note. Hasn't happened in a long time and I hope I never frack one again.