Trumpet Discussion Discuss University of North Texas! in the General forums; well i recently got accepted into the University of North Texas. and i was wondering if anyone can give me ...
    Denton, TX.

University of North Texas!

well i recently got accepted into the University of North Texas. and i was wondering if anyone can give me so insight or help on what to expect and how demanding its going to be. thanks for the help.
    Yamaha YTR - 8335 Xeno Custom Series
    Bach - 1 1/2 C 24ktGP mouthpiece
    University of North Texas - 2nd year

Howdy Sir,
    It may help some of us to help you if we know a little more about your situation... Such as: What are you planning on majoring in? Do you know the teachers? etc.

Tim Bear
    The task of the modern educator is not to cut down jungles, but to irrigate deserts.
    -C. S. Lewis

Life is about learning; when you stop learning, you die. -Tom Clancy

And the seven angels which had the seven trumpets prepared themselves to sound.
    -Revelation 8:6

Piano User
    Camp Hill, PA
    What an incredible program they've got. I got to see the UNT One O'Clock Lab Band when they came to my area. AMAZING. All I can say is that I envy you

Clarksville, Tennessee, U
    I got my master's at NT. Of course that was 22 years ago. Things might have changed a little. I remember being blown away when I first got there. I thought everybody was better than me. Everybody there that I knew worked their butt off. There was a layer of players at the top who were amazing professional caliber players. Many of them were just off the road with big name performers. I was studying with guys who were on some of the best recordings that I owned. After a semester of getting into the groove, I discovered that I was among the top of the group of players that was just below that very top bunch of incredible players. It was an incredible experience that I would love to do again. Take advantage of every opportunity you have. If you are a jazzer play in the big bands AND the small groups. Take arranging classes. Learn everything you can squeeze into your brain.
    "Music is a fire in your belly that has to come out of your mouth, so you'd better put a horn in the way before someone gets hurt"
    1949/50 Super Recording
    1949 Martin Committee
    1947 Olds Super
    Olds Super/Ultrasonic trumpet
    Olds Recording trumpet
    Olds Mendez
    Olds L-12
    Conn 40B
    Eclipse MR scratch gold
    Bach 37
    Scherzer Picc
    Buescher Mdl 15 Cornet in Bb/C/A (Dad's old horn)
    Boston 3 Star Ne Plus Ultra
    Natural trumpet hand made by my friend Howard Scudder

Thread Information