Trumpet Discussion Discuss Veteran's Day in the General forums; Today, at 11:11am I found myself and my family at Howe Caverns parking lot in upstate New York waiting to ...
    Mezzo Piano User
    Marcellus, NY

Veteran's Day

Today, at 11:11am I found myself and my family at Howe Caverns parking lot in upstate New York waiting to tour the site. Before we did I took one of my trumpets out of the trunk and played Taps. It just seemed like the thing to do on Veteran's Day.

New Friend

Re: Veteran's Day

i felt like doing that..
    except the school band and i were already done playing several diffrent veteran day related songs

thats great
    I play a king 601 trumpet with:
    bach 7c: rarely
    bach 5c: primarily
    and bach 3c: switch between with 5c

Monroe Ct.

I played for a ceremony. They had a vet from WW2 who was stationed on the Intrepid.
    He talked about pulling into Perl Harbor and seeing sunken ships.

He was very graphic about loosing his friends and started to cry. It was very touching.

I have been playing with this band for a long time. Each year they have a speaker that makes me say thank you to the people that keep us free and wish that we would never need them.

Fortissimo User
    Yorba Linda, CA

This a great thread for today. It is very meaningful to me personally, for several reasons including:
    (1) My brother was killed 41 years ago in Vietnam.
    (2) The recent massacre at Fort Hood.
    (3) The wonderful ongoing service of all of our military people around the world.
    (4) I am a veteran of both the Marines and the Air Force from the Vietnam era.
    (5) I had a chance to attend a wonderful Veterans Day tribute and program held at the Nixon Library.

It's too bad that we have war. But, since we do, I am personally grateful that there are those who are willing to go do the dirty work. And, thanks to Sterling for his sentiment and starting this thread and to Tmoney and B15M for adding to its significance.
    Come-Back Kid
    - - - - - - - - -
    Selmer Invicta London ('56)
    Olds Recording ('58, '59, '60)
    Olds Super ('51, '63, '66, '67, '68, '69)
    Olds Standard ('46)
    Olds SuperStar ('71, '72)
    Olds Studio ('55, '59, '70)
    Olds Special ('51, '56, '58, '60, '62,'68,'73)
    Olds Ambassador (a few: '49-'79)
    Olds Flugelhorn ('70)
    (+Eastman, Besson 609 , Conn Director, King Cleveland, Holton Collegiate, Blessing Accord,
    Conn Severinsen, York, Yamaha, Getzen, Amati, Revelle, Bundy, Alcazar)

Thread Information