Trumpet Discussion Discuss A Visit To NYTC in the General forums; Last evening I had the pleasure of visiting Felix and his fantastic set of trumpets at the NYTC. Along with ...
    Piano User

A Visit To NYTC

Last evening I had the pleasure of visiting Felix and his fantastic set of trumpets at the NYTC. Along with me came Hector "Bomberito" Zarzuela, lead player for the "Fania Allstars" and perhaps the most recorded player in Latin music.

Felix brought out a bunch of horns and presented us the horns like a true "maestro" of trumpet building!

We started out with the BSC model trumpets. Immediately upon playing them I was impressed with these horns. "These horns are real special" we said to each other. Only after we stared at these horns for some time did Felix admit to us that the model we were playing was actually some sort of step-up model! Thats right, after this horn blew away our top trumpets did Felix let us know that we were just warming up! The way these BSC models are priced no one should even consider mass manufactured horns like bach and Yamaha .

Felix went on to show us an Eclipse model. The way these horns are constructed, you know you are going to have a different experience just by holding them. Bomberito starts to play one and says to "Just one note, thats all I need"--"I have never played anything with this quality".

Just as we started to feel a bit "Light-headed" from playing these incredible horns Felix takes out the Stage-One California.
    Well, the plating, construction and special care of this horn is just like that of the Eclipse. There is something even more special about the Stage One-California. This horn just "sings" like no other horn we have ever played. The horn just resonates beyond anything I have experienced before.

We also tried the Flugelhorns Felix had in house--A taylor and a Weril.
    Bomberito actually purchased the Weril---An incredible value for the quality.

We are very lucky to have Felix in the trumpet community. Often we talk about the legends of trumpet making like Bach , Shilke and Benge.
    Well, lets not forget them, but the horns Felix is putting together take quality trumpet making to the next generation.

If ever you get a chance to visit him, please do so. When you go see him he basically does alot of observing---He just looks at you with a smile that says "I know you have never played a trumpet like this!".

Oscar Onoz

Oscar,thank you very much for the compliment.
    It was a real pleasure to have you guys.it is not about a trumpet,it is all about who plays that trumpet
    You guys were realy amazing and Hector could really move these valves!!!!Oh my!!
    And you Oscar,have one of the nicest sounds I have ever heard.
    You guys rule!!!!!!
    Hope to see you again,
    Felix

Piano User
    Hi Felix:

For years I have always said "I always sound the same on any trumpet---the good trumpets just make it easier to play".

Well, I was wrong!

These new horns you have do not only make life easier for us trumpet players, but will also make you sound significantly better.

Thanks again!

Pianissimo User
    I see the dog was well behaved.
    Cyaround, Jason
    "The Galaxy is mine."
    1962 Holton Galaxy Trumpet
    1963 Holton Galaxy Cornet

Yes,because he was in a different room

Piano User
    The dog was actually adorable. He was wearing diapers, like a baby . Something about the dog gets excited with good trumpet playing----I have the same problem

Well,the problem is,my dog loves listening to very good trumpet playing.
    And he is a very good indicator as well.
    When the playing is good-he will pee.
    When it's bad-he poops.

Thread Information