Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Trumpet Discussion Discuss Wandering about Monette Mouthpieces in the General forums; Sheldon The Cat(STC). And yes, PRANA is a configuration NOT a weight, STC-1 STC-2 STC-3 LT Ajna and Shakti mouthpieces ...
    Piano User
    Sheldon The Cat(STC). And yes, PRANA is a configuration NOT a weight, STC-1 STC-2 STC-3 LT Ajna and Shakti mouthpieces are all different weights but can and are ALL made in the PRANA configuration, and as far as the 11th grade guy thinking about puchasing Monette mouthpieces i would say YES, i switched to Monette in 8th grade and it has meant nothing but positives for my playing, I would also encourage you to try a large Monette mouthpiece such as a 1-5M or a B2 as i feel that these are the most stable of theie mouthpieces and offer the biggest improvements in intonation, slotting, and yes even upper register. I play 1st part in our marching band on B1-5M and have no trouble with G's above high C or so, any higher and i go to the B1-5L.

Quote Originally Posted by cmcdougall
    Sheldon The Cat(STC).
    <<<Shuffles feet, youth orchestra style>>>

I would second the suggestion to try a variety of Monette mouthpieces before buying. I took a buddy to try out Monette mouthpieces a couple of months ago. He currently plays a Bach 3c, which would equate to a B6, however he actually sounded better and was more comfortable on a B4S, which is similiar to the old 3c's. I went from a Bach 1 1/2c(Monette size 3) to the Monette size 1. You just want to make sure that you choose the best mp for you.

Also, you might want to check with Mike Thompson at Thompson Music in Elkhorn, Nebraska. He has a lot of used mouthpieces at some pretty good prices if you know the size you want. The website address is "".

Hope this helps.

New Friend
    Thanks for all of your help!

I will definately take all of this into consideration.

I plan on calling the Monette shop soon!

Thanks again,

Just have fun with it!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information