Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Trumpet Discussion Discuss Warm Up Routine in the General forums; Most of the time its all mental. I believe everyone has they're own unique way of approaching the horn with ...
    New Friend

Re: Warm Up Routine

Most of the time its all mental. I believe everyone has they're own unique way of approaching the horn with a daily routine. Warm up is mental focus that prepares your mind to get set on what is coming up in a rehearsal or performance. You gotta have discipline with yourself to establish a nice and good routine and not to the extent where you over due it. Take it easy rest as much as you play. Establish your mind to make it happen and as long as it works go for it and dont let go.

Pianissimo User

i ussually play my chromatics from low c to the G sitting on the top of the staff and try to get my lips loose py playing low f sharp and some attempts at pedal tones (about 3 minutes). Of course after that i ussually play around on my horn until class starts. so technically my warm up is ten minutes.

Typically I just play a few notes in the middle of the register, just to see where I am for the day. After that I move into a calisthenic routine (scales, lip slurs, set excercises from Arban's that my pvt. teacher has assigned). I'm pretty much set after that!

PS first post on trumpetmaster! woot! heh. I'm excited to soak up all the knowledge this forum has to offer.

"Music is your own experience, your thoughts, your wisdom. If you don't live it, it won't come out of your horn. They teach you there's a boundary line to music. But, man, there's no boundary line to art."
    -Charlie Parker

'79 Benge 3x
    Schilke 17, Bach 3C

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information