Trumpet Discussion Discuss What is a "slap" mouthpiece? in the General forums; The subject line says it all, what is a 'slap' mouthpiece? What other sub types of mpc's does Monette offer? ...
    New Friend
    Addison, Michigan (near MIS in the Irish Hills)

What is a "slap" mouthpiece?

The subject line says it all, what is a 'slap' mouthpiece? What other sub types of mpc's does Monette offer? I now play a Monette STC1 B1-5 I love it so far. I am considering a step up to a Prana what model of Prana would be closest to the B1-5 that I am now using?

Thanks Vic Kaczmar
    Vic Kaczmar RN, BSN
    Knowledge is Power!
    Superba I by H. Couf (made by Kielwerth of Germany 1971)
    Monette STC1 B1-5
    Schilke 14A4a

Utimate User
    May I suggest you call or e-mail Monette's company? They're very good at explaining those sorts of answers.

Fort Worth ,TX
    Funny you should ask about the "slap" mouthpiece as I just got a message from Gretchen at Monette about it. The slap mouthpiece is available in standard Classic or Prana issued mouthpieces. Dean Comley is their Mouthpiece maker and you could ask him additional questions. The number is 503 255 5552. Here is her reply::

" The slap refers to a cup shape that makes the sound more vibrant,resonant and responsive. It is not deeper, but is a different bowl shaped cup. They have been very well recieved... If you would like to sell your first born child to purchase one let us know?" Ok, I added that last part ha. Hope this helps?

Finish Well,
    Eclipse Custom XLR (Beyond beautiful 24k scratch) gold (05 Eclipse Contest Horn)
    Getzen Genesis (Beautiful 24k scratch gold)
    Wiseman Double Case (10% discount code: T624)
    Monette/Harrelson B1-1 prana custom one off.
    Horns/MPC Cryo'ed at

Thread Information