Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By BrotherBACH
  • 1 Post By Haste2
Trumpet Discussion Discuss What is your funniest trumpet story? in the General forums; I have one or two. I am just learning how to trigger the third valve slide. I pulled it in ...

What is your funniest trumpet story?

I have one or two.

I am just learning how to trigger the third valve slide. I pulled it in without having the third valve depressed; the third slide end piece on my Bach hit the back of the Euphonium player in front of me. I imagine this one is common. Now I put a cloth elastic around the third valve slide ring and that end piece, whatever it is called.

Within the first couple of months of my comeback I had areally hard practice session in which I had over done it. Later on in the evening when brushing my teeth, I noticed something really scary and got paniced about having torn an embouchure muscle. I screamed for my wife to come take a look at what happens to my face when I smile. She said: “those are dimples you idiot; you have dimples when you smile, you never noticed before?” Actually not, but I was greatly relieved.

What is your funny trumpet story?

Ruslan likes this.
    There is so much good in the worst of us,
    And so much bad in the best of us,
    That it hardly behooves any of us
    To talk about the rest of us.

Edward Wallis Hoch, Marion (Kansas) Record
    (1849 - 1925)

Re: What is your funniest trumpet story?

In my high school orchestra we had 3 trumpet players (I was 1st). We were playing Poet & Peasant by Von Suppe. I had the 1st part, but unfortunately the music was in "D" so I had to transpose it. The 2nd trumpet player had a transposed 2nd part. The 3rd trumpet player had a non-transposed 2nd part. However, the 3rd trumpet had a terrible ear and played the music non-transposed! I noticed it and I told her she needed to transpose it once, but she kept playing what was written. After a few days the director finally stopped to have us play our first chord, which is supposed to be D major. He had us play our notes individually....

Me: F#
    2nd player: D
    3rd player: B-flat

lol.... so after that she started reading the 2nd player's part.
    BrotherBACH likes this.

Pianissimo User

Re: What is your funniest trumpet story?

As a joke for the Trombone lead player in high school, I told the sax players to start bragging about my range on trombone and how well I sounded. I went to the practice room and inserted a Bach 7C into a school band trombone and just started hitting notes. Thus guy looks into the window of the room with total shock on his face and packs up his bone. I came out of the room laughing my butt off and told him he's safe, and that I used a trumpet mouthpiece.
    He said he was about to go home and pack his horn up for good!! Every time I think of that day, I laugh myself to tears!!!

Thread Information