Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Trumpet Discussion Discuss Why John Wayne? in the General forums; Originally Posted by Manny Laureano Au contraire, mon frere... very cool. I'll have to remember that when we someday meet. ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Manny Laureano
    Au contraire, mon frere... very cool. I'll have to remember that when we someday meet.

ML

Sounds good, when are you due over here? From what I've read, it doesn't look like you'll be coming over until this time next year (for the proms).
    "...you have the perfect C Major chord, with blazing trumpets and inaudible strings." - Daniel Barenboim.

Utimate User
    Clarino,

Yeah, that's right (unfortunately! wish i could get over there sooner). It'll be a good time, anyway.

ML

Manny,

I think you've picked the perfect avatar for yourself. Like you I had no idea what a avatar was until I started posting. Maybe you can wear a John Wayne hat for us during one of your future Monette clips... it can be a secret hello to all your TM supporters! Playing Billy the Kid, Rodeo...

Of course John Wayne is great in all those cowboy rolls, but one movie that doesn't get mentioned very often is "HATARI". One of my favorites !! Great music too by Henry Mancini. Check out the percussion section in the hunting scene... incredible... and that was back in the days when they had humans playing that stuff... no drum machines!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information