Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Trumpet Discussion Discuss The worst condition you've played in... in the General forums; Does lip buzzing count? If so, then I win with my car wreck. Broke ever bone in my body. In ...

Re: The worst condition you've played in...

Does lip buzzing count? If so, then I win with my car wreck. Broke ever bone in my body. In full body cast for half a year, rehab for another year. Lipp buzzed throughout rehab... HAHA.
    The task of the modern educator is not to cut down jungles, but to irrigate deserts.
    -C. S. Lewis

Life is about learning; when you stop learning, you die. -Tom Clancy

And the seven angels which had the seven trumpets prepared themselves to sound.
    -Revelation 8:6

A Christmas lights parade with my brass quintet about a month ago, it was around 25-30F, but it was snowing really bad with a 10+mph wind. We couldn't stop playing for more than 5 sec or our valves would freeze. When we got done I had almost 1/2" of snow caked on the side of my face and head.

It may have been miserable weather, but I had a ball and would do it again next week if asked.

...another one occurred to me was the Messiah concert last year, I played 1st part including "The Trumpet Shall Sound", I also had a severe migraine. I was able to play, but the moment I stopped for a rest or a breath or anything my head felt like it was going to explode.
    Last edited by smurf351; 01-16-2009 at 12:41 AM.

1991 Bach TR200 Bb
    1971 Olds Ambassador Bb
    1927ish Pioneer Concert Bb
    Sterling Music Products Bb aka: the Dud
    1978 Olds Ambassador Bb

New Friend

My senior year of high school, we had to play for the "Meet the Rebels" where the football team line-up is announced to the school and the city. It was at the local stadium, almost freezing, and the wind was so bad it was literally raining sideways! To top it all off, our crazy band director made us wear our band t-shirts and these khaki shorts that are about 5 inches above the knee.
    A close second was in my sophomore year of high school. We were playing for a football game in Abilene, TX, and it was so hot in our uniforms and on the field that the soles of people's shoes melted off. One saxophone played actually had the sole of his shoe melt onto the field!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information