Trumpet Discussion Discuss fingers or fast tounge?? in the General forums; Click on the make practicing fun video clip. It sounds like he is tounging every single note. Is he?? ...
    Mezzo Piano User
    653 fingers or fast tounge?? Click on the make practicing fun video clip.

It sounds like he is tounging every single note. Is he?? IS this double tounging or just fast fingers keeping up with his tounging?? Whatever it is it sounds awsome!!
    Bach Strad 180S37
    Monette B2

Well, if I could play like Wynton (Marsalis), I wouldn't play like Wynton.
    Chet Baker

Forte User
    Northern New York
    The first video, right? Sounds to me like double tonguing.

I just installed SM 9.0 yesterday. We will be investigating, among other things, the extent of how it can be used in the lesson setting, and any pedagogical issues and advantages.

I've used it so far in scale tests; very difficult assesments. The main difficulty is rhythmic. If you are the slightest shade off, it counts against you. This ended up mostly frustrating the kids, so I didn't count the grade created by the assessment tool.

I did, however, hear my beginning oboist and one of my sax doublers playing Hot Cross Buns out of the SOE accompaniments before vacation; they sounded like they were having a blast, and did not want to leave the practice room at the end of the period.

I'm particularly interested in this most recent version's approach to teaching improvisation. I have yet to use that, as I just installed yesterday and want some time with it before I put kids in front of it.
    "Roses have thorns; shining waters mud. Clouds and eclipses stain the moon and the sun; and history reeks of the wrongs we have done. After today, after today, consider me gone."- Sting

Artitst in Residence
    Fortissimo User
    Wynton is double-tonguing. The tune is Cherokee.
    We played it faster in Philly
    Be sure Brain is engaged before putting Mouthpiece in gear.
    S.Suark 1951

Thread Information