I'm super excited to be going into the studio with my band in about 3 weeks to record our next CD, "Five Leaves Left: A Jazz Tribute to Nick Drake". I've been working on arrangements of all 10 tunes from Drake's debut album for about 2 years now and can't wait to get them recorded so I can share them with you.

If you're not familiar with him, Nick Drake was a British singer/songwriter from the 70's who wrote gorgeous tunes that are perfect for interpretation in a jazz style. His changes are cool and open enough to allow all sorts of different ways to approach them. You can check out some of his music here: Nick Drake.

I'm using Kickstarter to help raise funds for the project and need some support from the trumpet community. Kickstarter helps independent artists like me raise money to finish projects like this. In return for your pledge,I've come up with some cool reward packages to thank you for your support.

I set a goal for the campaign and I'm 52% there. It's an all-or-nothing proposition, so if I reach my goal all is good, but if not I don't get any of the money pledged. There's 21 day left in the campaign and I'm trying to keep the momentum going.

Every pledge of $10 helps me get closer to that goal. Can you spare $10 today to help me out? I sure would appreciate it!

Click here to watch a video about the project and hear some of the arrangements. I would love to have your support.

Cheers,
Jason