Jazz / Commercial Discuss Lincoln Center at the Proms in the General forums; http://www.bbc.co.uk/proms/listen/ ... enjoy!...

Lincoln Center at the Proms

Thanks JackD for this great link. I bookmarked the page on my Mozilla Firefox for later use.
    Dale Schmidt, P.E.
    Bridges to build and Rivers crossed...

No problem!

Fortissimo User
    I'd like to thank Jack for that post too. I usually listen to BBC radio online but have restricted myself to Radio 1 and Radio 2. For those of you with broadband who have NOT checked out the BBC site, I encourage you to do so. There is SO MUCH jazz, swing, big band, interviews with the musicians, etc. going on with those websites (and they are recorded and posted WEEKLY) that it's almost embarrasing to say we live in North America.

I mean.. those Brits have a HUGE history of good music and in our snobbish, superior, North American way we tend to dismiss them as our "poor cousins". NOTHING could be farther from the truth... there is a life to their music industry with the Proms, the weekly jazz and orchestral shows, Brass banding, the specials that are to be envied. Thank goodness the BBC (as maligned as it might be by the British taxpayer) at least has the decency to make this stuff available world-wide.

Thread Information