Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Horns Discuss Bach Omega Strad vs. Bach Strad in the Equipment forums; I was wondering if there is anyone that could help me understand the difference between the Bach Omega Stradivarius vs. ...
    New Friend

Bach Omega Strad vs. Bach Strad

I was wondering if there is anyone that could help me understand the difference between the Bach Omega Stradivarius vs. a regular Bach Stradivarius? My son who is in high school is looking to upgrade his student trumpet to a Bach. Any help would be much appreciated.

Can't say I've heard of the Omega before, but I did a google search and found this: http://www.normans.co.uk/html/instruments/trumpets.html

Looks like it's a student model based on the strad with a two-piece bell.

Any reason you're specifically looking for a Bach? You might find he prefers a Yamaha or Conn V1 or various other things. (Plenty of threads of that already, do a search and see what turns up!)

Piano User

Re: Bach Omega Strad vs. Bach Strad

Quote Originally Posted by Newbie Trumpet
    I was wondering if there is anyone that could help me understand the difference between the Bach Omega Stradivarius vs. a regular Bach Stradivarius? My son who is in high school is looking to upgrade his student trumpet to a Bach. Any help would be much appreciated.
    The Omega is a student model the Stradivarius is a pro model, but I don't think they build the Omega anymore. For that kind of money you're better of with a Yamaha, Getzen or Kanstul.

I liked the Bach VBS1 though but I think you can only buy it in Europe.

New Friend
    One of the guys in our trumpet studio owns a Bach Omega. I asked him why he uses that and doesn't go out and get a strad and he told me that the Omega's actually play better. After about five minutes on the horn I'd have say that for whatever reason the Omega was better than any strad I've ever played. Just something to think about...
    Bb: Yamaha Xeno 8335
    C: Bach 229 w/ tuneable bell, MC2 pipe, and malone tuning slide
    Cornet: 1949 NY Bach Mercedes
    Mouthpieces: Reeves 43Cs (trumpets) Bach 1 1/2 C (cornet)

New Friend
    Thank you for all the responses. My son is trying out a trumpet (brand new), as a loaner, and engraved on the bell is "Stradivarius Bach Omega". Is this not a Stradivarus? It's very confusing. We have not been able to find anywhere on the web where it mentions specifically a "Stradivarius Bach Omega". According to the Music store (Muncie Music Center) the model number is TROM 100. This number isn't listed on the Bach page.

New Friend
    Is actually a new horn that went into production last year here at Bach. Is basically a semi-pro intermediate trumpet. Great trumpet that will hang well with the strads.

I just tried one today. They wanted about 3000 bucks for it. But the guy that tried selling it to me didnt know anything about it. Are they really student horns? And if so, why are they so much?
    Drake F. Peterson

I have a Bach Omega that I bought 4 years ago... I would recommend not buying it for a pro horn. It is an intermediate model horn. It has a little bit of resistance in it. Not alot at all, and definatly less than a student model, but more than a pro model. If you are looking for the jump between a student and pro model then i recommend it. It has definitely made me a better player, but I'm ready for a pro horn. Just my thoughts.
    Equipment:

• Bach Omega
    • Bach 3C
    • Bach 3c Megatone
    • Berkley Cornet
    • Bach Cornet 3C

Teachers

• Arbans book, Clarke Studies Book.
    • Nick Drozdoff's online lessons and words of wisdom through email.

I thought the omega has been around for years

Quote Originally Posted by BachBuffer View Post
    Is actually a new horn that went into production last year here at Bach. Is basically a semi-pro intermediate trumpet. Great trumpet that will hang well with the strads.

Piano User

The one I saw was a few years old and looked VERY VERY similar to my TR200S.
    Kanstul Chicago 1001 w/ Kanstul M-B11 P (Monette B1-1 Prana)
    Conn 80A w/ CG Personal GP

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information