Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes
Horns Discuss Has anybody ever heard of these horns and knows anything about them ? in the Equipment forums; Has anybody ever heard of these horns please, and do you know anything about them Levante LV TR6301 Cheers Lee...
    New Friend

Has anybody ever heard of these horns and knows anything about them ?

Has anybody ever heard of these horns please, and do you know anything about them

Levante LV TR6301

Cheers
    Lee

Re: Has anybody ever heard of these horns and knows anything about them ?

Never until you posted. It does not come with white gloves or a tuner, so maybe it is?
    operagost likes this.
    Knowledge is freedom, and ignorance is slavery - Miles Davis

The difference between a beginner and pro mouthpiece is practice - tobylou8

Nobody has learned how to play the trumpet. It's endless. - Maynard Ferguson

Don't be afraid to try something different. The Ark was built by an amateur and the Titanic was built by a group of experienced engineers.

By the inch it's a cinch, by the yard, it's hard!

Looks to be a Jinbao horn. Wouldn't pay the price I see them listed new for. Probably an ok student horn
    The Cincinnati Brassband
    The Westside Community Band
    The Swinging Saints

Hi Tanker,

I know those Levante horns well. They are chinese, sold on Amazon sites.
    I tell you sir but really I recommend you start on an Olds Ambassador or a Holton Collegiate rather than these Levante horns.
    I know its new, its tempting but seriously you are going to regret after 6 months.
    Scratches, valves start to feel sluggish and all that stuff.

Play safe sir.

~BBM
    TM Safety Patrol - Let's keep TM Safe.
    If you spot an advertiser/scammer/spammer, hit the report button immediately.

Attention:
    Constant N+1 & N-1 in progress

This message was created using 100% recycled electrons.

New Friend

Quote Originally Posted by BrassBandMajor View Post
    Hi Tanker,

I know those Levante horns well. They are chinese, sold on Amazon sites.
    I tell you sir but really I recommend you start on an Olds Ambassador or a Holton Collegiate rather than these Levante horns.
    I know its new, its tempting but seriously you are going to regret after 6 months.
    Scratches, valves start to feel sluggish and all that stuff.

Play safe sir.

~BBM
    Hi BrassBandmajor.
    I am looking for the ones that you advised and I am keen on getting one of the mentioned, I would like to get a Holton Collegiate, I only mentioned this one as like you say Its new and Tempting but I don't want to throw good money after bad. I am now suffering with 'Trumpet Head' I have my 3C & 5C mouthpieces that I use in the band for my Bugle, and I have just bought a new Bullet mouthpiece that is on its way from Japan as we speak, I have bought one of the Yamaha Silent Brass that I pick up tomorrow, so all I need now is a trumpet to plug them into...lol, and I don't know about other people if they get the same but I look at Trumpets and I am dying to get my chops working, When I wasn't bothered about getting a horn again there were loads of them about at really good prices, now I have decided to get one there aren't any available in my price range.. Bugger...lol Sods Law. There are a couple on ebay but they are in the USA and they are asking stupid money for postage. 76:00 and the other Postage is 141:00, and them prices are robbery.
    Last edited by Tanker; 01-08-2017 at 04:27 PM. Reason: Addition

Forte User

Tanker, if there's anything a trumpet player needs to develop, it's patience. It's not easy, but it's necessary.
    faulken, True Tone and Tanker like this.
    Dillon Bb pocket trumpet
    Selmer Bundy tenor trombone
    shofar
    Casio CTK-518 keyboard

New Friend

Well its strange how you have a picture in your mind with what you first want, than it changes and you end up with nothing like you first wanted, BUT you are happier with your end purchase. I started out in my 63yr old ignorance wanting a new John Packer Horn but with the help of the great guys on here I have ended up with something completely different, I would like to thank you guys for steering me away from my ignorant route (43 yrs since I owned a Horn) and for your help, and I would like to give a Massive 'Thank You' to BrassBandMajor for finding me the horn I have just purchased today, waiting for it coming. I have ended up buying a 1956 Boosey & Hawkes 'Emporer' Bb Horn. Not all shiny and sparkling but full of character and quality hopefully.
    Cheers
    Lee
    Last edited by Tanker; 01-09-2017 at 11:20 AM. Reason: Spelling Mistake

Mezzo Piano User Claude Gnocchi's Avatar

Tanker- I have many, many trumpets as I have been collecting & playing them for many years. I also have a vintage Boosey & Hawkes & they are excellent trumpets that can be inexpensively obtained on the used market. The "Booseys" and the Buescher Aristocrats are among my favorite horns with "character" and great valves in spades......and I just discovered the new George Rawlin designed trumpets (8-$900 new) and they blew me away how super well built & great sounding they are!
    Tanker likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanker View Post
    Well its strange how you have a picture in your mind with what you first want, than it changes and you end up with nothing like you first wanted, BUT you are happier with your end purchase. I started out in my 63yr old ignorance wanting a new John Packer Horn but with the help of the great guys on here I have ended up with something completely different, I would like to thank you guys for steering me away from my ignorant route (43 yrs since I owned a Horn) and for your help, and I would like to give a Massive 'Thank You' to BrassBandMajor for finding me the horn I have just purchased today, waiting for it coming. I have ended up buying a 1956 Boosey & Hawkes 'Emporer' Bb Horn. Not all shiny and sparkling but full of character and quality hopefully.
    Cheers
    Lee
    I heard those B&H Emperor horns are sturdy and well-built instruments.
    Let us know when it arrives!
    Tanker likes this.
    TM Safety Patrol - Let's keep TM Safe.
    If you spot an advertiser/scammer/spammer, hit the report button immediately.

Attention:
    Constant N+1 & N-1 in progress

This message was created using 100% recycled electrons.

New Friend

BBM.
    I will pm you as soon as I receive it,
    Cheers Lee
    BrassBandMajor likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information