Horns Discuss KANSTUL AND BENGE PARTS in the Equipment forums; This question id for Mr. Kanstul; I need to know if the valve stems and finger buttons (without pearls)of your ...

KANSTUL AND BENGE PARTS

This question id for Mr. Kanstul;
    I need to know if the valve stems and finger buttons (without pearls)of your Chicago 1001 can be installed without problems in my 1976 L.A. Benge.
    I want to reduce the distance in the fingering action. I have heard a feature that your father improve in the Chicago's
    Thanks

New Friend
    felix,

I DO NOT know this to be 100% true, BUT I doubt very much it would work. Reason, IF the valve stem would even thread onto you Benge piston, the distance that the piston must travel in the "downward" direction is not going to be the same. In otherwords, the ports (or holes) in your pistons need to line up with the valve casing ports. By shortening your valve stems you're not going to be pushing down your pistons down as far.

I ASSUME in Zig's re-design of his version of the old world Benge he also shortened the pistons/valve casings a bit also.

If I'm off base here anyone, please let me know. Like I said, I'm only guessing here based on the mechanics and kinetics of how trumpet pistons work. Bottom line here, if your shorten the valve stems you are shortening the valve stroke.
    Lon A. Heim
    PiCK Music Trumpet Store
    exclusively Kanstul

www.PiCKMusic.net

Thread Information