Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Vintage Trumpets / Cornets Discuss Revere Trumpet in the Equipment forums; I am looking to buy a trumpet for my daughter. My neighbor has one that is a Revere Stradolin. I ...
    New Friend

Question Revere Trumpet

I am looking to buy a trumpet for my daughter. My neighbor has one that is a Revere Stradolin. I CANNOT find ANY info. about this trumpet!! Anyone heard of it? And does anyone know if it is a good student horn?

Re: Revere Trumpet

Welcome to the forum. We'll try to help. Instrument Specifications where instrument="Trumpet" and maker="Revere"__Here are examples I know about.Some are German made. Are they anything like your neighbor's? That trade name was used by more than one manufacturer. There is also a Revere Stradolin reportedly made in Elkhart sold on ebay. VINTAGE REVERE STRADOLIN CORNET W/HARDSHELL KING CASE #202105 | eBay

VINTAGE REVERE STRADOLIN TRUMPET WITH CASE AND ACC. (06/06/2011)

http://www.horn-u-copia.net/display....22Stradolin%22
    To add to the confusion.

Here is a trumpet. Probably a stencil made by some Elkart maker. Blessing? Could be a good student horn if valves in good shape, no major damages, slides pull. If you are not a player, I would have a music store repair tech check it over ist.
    Last edited by MFfan; 10-21-2011 at 10:39 AM.
    Dave Rafferty
    Spartan for Life
    ???? Barrington trumpet
    1968 Besson 2-20 trumpet
    1960's B & H Embassy trumpet
    1967 Conn Connquest cornet
    ???? Devillier (stencil) Trumpet German?
    ???? Besson 609
    1957 Besson 8-10 Trumpet
    ???? Elkhart Band Instrument Cornet (ELK)
    www.KalamazooconcertBand.org
    Portage Senior Center Dance Band
    www.PSCB.Soull.com
    Kalamazoo Checkers Swing Band

New Friend

Thanks.... Yes, it does look alot like the vintage one sold on ebay. But I am new to trumpets....
    The trumpet also has two leaves on it above the name. And the # on it is 231924. I will upload pics. of it when my daughter brings it back from school. :)
    I like the horn... I think it sounds good but what do I know. I have a love for vintage things so if it is older I am even more intrigued. And not being able to find info. on it makes my curiosity worse! lol

I bought an Etude ETR-100 Series Student Bb Trumpet from Woodwind & Brasswind online. I paid $99, now they're $129, originally $399. It had alot of positive reviews on that website, and I have to say, I've been totally pleased too. For $129 you can't beat it, and if your daughter decides to not continue after X years you're not out alot of money. You'd think for $99 it's gotta be junk. I think its the nature of the trumpet being mechanically speaking a pretty simple thing, versus a sax say.
    Last edited by Satchmo Brecker; 10-21-2011 at 12:53 PM.
    bah do dweeeee bah do bleep blop

Quote Originally Posted by shackelford6896 View Post
    Thanks.... Yes, it does look alot like the vintage one sold on ebay. But I am new to trumpets....
    The trumpet also has two leaves on it above the name. And the # on it is 231924. I will upload pics. of it when my daughter brings it back from school. :)
    I like the horn... I think it sounds good but what do I know. I have a love for vintage things so if it is older I am even more intrigued. And not being able to find info. on it makes my curiosity worse! lol
    I feel the same and have been working at gaining knowledge about them for years, with limited success. LOL.
    Be sure and use a hosting site like Flickr, etc to load photos here. The site uploader doesn't work.
    Dave Rafferty
    Spartan for Life
    ???? Barrington trumpet
    1968 Besson 2-20 trumpet
    1960's B & H Embassy trumpet
    1967 Conn Connquest cornet
    ???? Devillier (stencil) Trumpet German?
    ???? Besson 609
    1957 Besson 8-10 Trumpet
    ???? Elkhart Band Instrument Cornet (ELK)
    www.KalamazooconcertBand.org
    Portage Senior Center Dance Band
    www.PSCB.Soull.com
    Kalamazoo Checkers Swing Band

New Friend

It was strange finding this post just when I was looking for information on my old trumpet. Here is what I can tell you from my experience.

My parents bought me a Revere Stradolin Elkhart Indiana trumpet in the summer of 1976. It was purchased mail order from a catalog. My high school band suffered massive losses from graduation and my senior year I moved from drums to trumpet baritone saxophone.

The Trumpet had a really nice two tone look that impressed my band mates. The case it came with was not fitted.

I got really good tone from the trumpet and the valves were plenty fast.

High C was very hard to hit on this trumpet and I could only occasionally touch high D.

I did not realize it at the time but back pressure on this trumpet was higher than average.

35 years later the trumpet still looks good for what it has been through. It spent much of that time in my parent's basement. There are a few spots of corrosion around the edge of the bell. The valves and any sliding parts all oiled up well. The higher than normal back pressure is making it almost impossible to play with a Yamaha Silent Brass system.

Fortissimo User

Quote Originally Posted by Rabid View Post
    I did not realize it at the time but back pressure on this trumpet was higher than average.

35 years later the trumpet still looks good for what it has been through. It spent much of that time in my parent's basement. There are a few spots of corrosion around the edge of the bell. The valves and any sliding parts all oiled up well. The higher than normal back pressure is making it almost impossible to play with a Yamaha Silent Brass system.
    You can probably correct this with just a simple mouthpiece change. A mouthpiece that is too tight can make the horn harder to play. What mouthpiece are you using now?

Tom

Buescher Lightweight 400
    Other Buescher horns 1939--1955
    Al Cass 1-28 mouthpiece
    Humes and Berg mutes
    http://mmccband.org

New Friend

I'm using the 7C that came with the horn. Hopefully my Yamaha 4335 G will be here for the weekend. It is coming with a 11B4 mouthpiece. It will be interesting to feel the difference.

Part of the problem may be that I am not 15 any more. Actually, you can reverse that number.

New Friend

Thanks for the info. so far! I did buy the Revere trumpet. My daughter liked it better than some others. ( and it was only 75.00 bucks) I would still love more info. on the piece. Like where it was made and when. Rabid, does yours have a number on it? And do you know what the cost was then? I will keep searching! :)

New Friend

Mine does say "Made In Elkhart - Ind. on the bell below the name. $295 is a number that sticks in my mind but I could be off. That was 35 years ago and my parents were paying. The SN is on the middle valve. 203836

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information