Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Vintage Trumpets / Cornets Discuss Ruddy Muck in the Equipment forums; Does anyone have any information on Ruddy Muck Trumpets? Thanks Alan...
    Pianissimo User

Ruddy Muck

Does anyone have any information on Ruddy Muck Trumpets?
    Thanks
    Alan

Piano User
    i recall that a well-known trumpet maker worked at rudy muck early in his career...don't know who. 'twas a big name, though.
    i have a rudy muck mpc, the plating's worn off..it's like the proverbial 'bored-out dime'...very shallow.

dj

New Friend
    Ah Ha, The Well Known Trumpet Maker was Domenick Calicchio, who started working for Rudy Muck in 1923 in N.Y. Calicchio went on to start his own line of mouthpieces and horns shortly after. I also have a hand made "Cushion Rim Dime" with a hole in it marked 16 S. Its fun.

Regards
    Bill

Pianissimo User
    Hi ...I was given a 13c Rudy Muck mouthpiece just recently...marked "Made in England" ...like a peashooter!! Check out these two websites... one in the UK and one in the States http://www.bill-lewington.com/rudymuck.htm http://www.grandcanyontuberadio.com/...outhpieces.htm
    Please note the difference in the prices!!
    Alan

dmb
    New Friend
    "Rudy was a professional trumpet player in New York City during the 1920's and 1930's. He established his company in 1930 and built Custom rim mouthpieces starting in 1932. He operated in New York City from 1930-1950
    Rudy Muck worked with Vincent Bach at the Bach factory building the famous Bach NY trumpets. Then, Rudy opened a shop right next door to the Bach NY factory and, with the help of V.Bach, built the Rudy Muck Citation, which is an exact copy of the Bach New York, made with some NY Bach parts." http://mytrumpets.info/muck_info.html

More info: http://www.neillins.com/TR050.htm

I bought a Rudy Muck 'Conductor' model awhile back and sold it a few months later for 3 times the amount I paid for it. (I wish I had kept that horn) It didn't play the best but it was a beaute. (a valve job would have done wonders I'm sure)
    The Academy model was the student horn. Next in line is the Contuctor. Then the Citation (these seem to be more sought after than the others) He also made the Balanced model which I'm guessing was his top of the line horn.
    High quality craftsmanship and detailing were obviously important to Rudy Muck.

Dan Burton
    Dan Burton

Pianissimo User
    Thanks for the posts.
    I have a friend that is selling his balanced model. I played it a while back, alot like an Olds Recording.
    Does anyone know an approx value?
    Thanks
    Alan

dmb
    New Friend
    nowherenear, you might email this guy: robert_adams@mytrumpets.info. His sight is where I got the info in my previous post. He has pics and talks about his Balanced model here: http://mytrumpets.info/_trumpets.html. He may be able to help you.

Dan Burton
    Dan Burton

New Friend
    You got some good answers there in the form. The first time I ever heard of Rudy Muck horns was when I was a teenager and these horns were sold in the "Diamond Book," a wholesale catalog out of Chicago. In 1989 when I joined "The American Barvarian Brass," out of Beaumount, CA. I meet a studio muscian out of LA who played a bright silver citation, if I remember right it weighed about 2.5 to 2.75 lbs a heavier than my 65 Getzen Eterna, and to me it was not as free blowing as the Eterna, the it sounded good and the valve response was excellent and that is all I can remeber about the horn.

Re: Ruddy Muck

Old thread I know but didnt see the need to start a new one. I have just purchased a Muck Citation. From what I undertand these were early Bach clones.
    eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices
    Any one own one of these and if so how do they blow compared to an old NY Bach?

From what I have read Rudy was a professional trumpet player in New York City during the 1920's and 1930's. He operated in New York City from 1930-1950. Born 1907 in Moravia and trained by his father as a Brass repairman. Came to the US in 1911. established company in 1930 and built Custom rim mouthpieces starting in 1932. Appears that Carl Fisher bought out in the 1950's

"Rudy Muck worked with Vincent Bach at the Bach factory building the famous Bach NY trumpets. Then, Rudy Muck opened a shop right next door to the Bach NY factory and with the help of V.Bach, built the Rudy Muck Citation, which is an exact copy of the Bach New York, made with some NY Bach parts

Herb Alpert's first trumpet was a Rudy Muck. And lastly, Domenick Calicchio got his start making mouthpieces in a Rudy Muck factory.

If you know anything else of interest please let me know.
    Last edited by sounds7; 01-20-2012 at 09:25 AM.

1947 Martin Committee #3
    Calicchio 1s2 Tpt. (Los Angeles)
    1952 Olds Recording tpt (Los Angeles)
    2013 Harrelson Summit One Art #1 lp & #7 bell
    Harrelson Flugel
    1992 Bach Stradivarius 180sML 43
    Antoine Courtois 301 prestige C Tpt
    Antoine Courtois 311 ML prestige Tpt
    1969 Selmer Mark VI Tenor Sax
    1969 Selmer Mark VI Alto Sax
    Yamaha YSS62 Soprano Sax
    1930 King 2b Valve bone
    http://www.briangraber.com

Re: Ruddy Muck

Have you tried this site:

Rudy Muck Information Site Home Page

Mouthpieces. horns, players, etc.

Bill
    "When someone tells you nothing is impossible, ask them to dribble a football." --Unknown

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information