Vintage Trumpets / Cornets Discuss Vincent Bach 10-1/2C Mouthpiece in the Equipment forums; I have a trumpet moutpiece that I acquired from a friend that passed away that he used when he played ...
    New Friend

Vincent Bach 10-1/2C Mouthpiece

I have a trumpet moutpiece that I acquired from a friend that passed away that he used when he played trumpet. It is a Vincent Bach Corp. New York 10-1/2C. I used to play on it for jazz band until my new teacher informed me that it was a rare mouthpiece that could be worth something someday. I believe the reason is due to the fact that it was manufactured in New York. Does anybody know about how much this mouthpiece would be worth now or a while down the road? I am not interested in selling it yet.

-Fitz

Re: Vincent Bach 10-1/2C Mouthpiece

If you like it, play it--it's not like you're going to wear it out. It's true that it might be worth less if you have to have it replated; but that's no reason to not play it. I have a couple of NY Bach mouthpieces from back in the day--I don't play them any more; but I would if I wanted to. Every one of my 4 principle horns (2 60s Bachs, a Recording Olds Trumpet and Cornet) is a classic horn that continue to escalate in value--doesn't keep me from playing them. I enjoy them, you can enjoy this mouthpiece too. It makes no sense to lock it away just because it might be worth something some day. By the way, some people will pay a premium for the right NY Bach mouthpiece today.

The last one that sold on ebay went for about $30.
    Last edited by amzi; 03-05-2010 at 03:47 AM.

I recently bought a Bach 10 1/2 C mouthpiece. Is it different?
    2010 Getzen 3895 Custom Flugelhorn - Silver w/Gold Brass Bell
    2010 Getzen 3850 Custom Cornet
    2009 Bach Stradivarius New York 7
    1956 Olds Recording
    1920 Abbott Mfg Company

Monette B6 S1 / Kanstul G2
    Monette B6-FL - Cornet
    Kanstul C.G. Personal F - Flugelhorn

www.cigarassessor.com

Big Daddy--
    There have been some design changes over the years--throat size and rim profile I believe, but don't quote me on that. Anyway, some people prefer the old design.

New Friend

Amzi,
    Thanks for the response. I do not play it anymore just because it is old or valuable, but because I recently purchased a bach 7e for my lead rig and I simply like how it feels better. My question was if the mouthpiece is actually of value as a vintage mouthpiece? Or if there are a million of them and they aren't really that significant :p

Forte User

it's what I play.

Pianissimo User

Quote Originally Posted by fitz25 View Post
    Amzi,
    Thanks for the response. I do not play it anymore just because it is old or valuable, but because I recently purchased a bach 7e for my lead rig and I simply like how it feels better. My question was if the mouthpiece is actually of value as a vintage mouthpiece? Or if there are a million of them and they aren't really that significant :p
    You're not going to retire on the proceeds from it's sale...

I haven't seen any of them jump out of me as going for much money, and I am an ebay fiend in need of an intervention. If you get $50 for it, you'd be doing a lot better than most. If it were a NY 1C or 1-1/2C you'd get more for it. It's value as something your friend owned is worth more than it's market value.

Thread Information