Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Viperchops
  • 1 Post By Puckish
Support Our Sponsors! Discuss Sponsors - Any Repair Sponsors? in the TrumpetMaster.com forums; Being new to TM, please excuse the fact that i probably just don't know yet - but are there any ...
    New Friend

Sponsors - Any Repair Sponsors?

Being new to TM, please excuse the fact that i probably just don't know yet - but are there any sponsors that do repair? Specifically very high quality work on vintage trumpets?

If not, whom is recommended as a great repair tech/business, and if this is an inappropriate place, please suggest where/what thread to use. Thanks!

Re: Sponsors - Any Repair Sponsors?

I don't know where to post properly either. Josh Landress ?sp Brass is highly recommended as is Charlie Melk. I've had a good experience with the Horn Doctors. You'll get the info you need soon enough! If this forum is anything it is a place where a lot of us like to blow good money on very old horns
    The Cincinnati Brassband
    The Westside Community Band
    The Swinging Saints

Should be in "Vintage Trumpets/Cornets' section

Vintage Trumpets / Cornets
    Bb Trumpets: Yamaha YTR-6335HSII - Flip Oakes "Wild Thing" - 1972 Getzen Eterna "Severinsen" - 1980 Boosey & Hawkes Sovereign Studio - B&S 3005 WTR-L - 1963 Besson 10-10 - Spiri Vario
    C Trumpet: Inderbinen Alpha 200
    Bb Bass: 1961 Holton #58 "Symphony"

Wyrd oft nereš unfågne eorl, žonne his ellen dėah.

"Pypes, trompes, nakers, clariounes, that in bataille blowen blody sounes"

New Friend

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis78 View Post
    I don't know where to post properly either. Josh Landress ?sp Brass is highly recommended as is Charlie Melk. I've had a good experience with the Horn Doctors. You'll get the info you need soon enough! If this forum is anything it is a place where a lot of us like to blow good money on very old horns
    Lol, yeah i get that. For some reason i love the ancient brass. I've had really good luck getting some older horns - the tone is smooth (i am a total amateur) and the valves have been good. I've done my own minor repairs, but this stuck main slide is a booger - i'll need help, plus some silver resolder on a part or two.
    Dennis78 likes this.

New Friend

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis78 View Post

Okay, found them: Charlie's Brass Works - Specializing in Professional Brass Instrument Customization, Repair and Refinishing and Services - J. Landress Brass - couldn't fine the Horn Doctors - or at least there were several with a name matching...

Piano User

Ivan Hunter.
    BrassBandMajor likes this.

Thread Information