Chosen Vale Blog Discuss Welcome in the EC Downloading forums; TMers, This blog has been created for participants in the 2008 Chosen Vale International Trumpet Seminar to share their thoughts, ...
    Artist in Residence
    Forte User

Welcome

TMers,

This blog has been created for participants in the 2008 Chosen Vale International Trumpet Seminar to share their thoughts, impressions, and report on daily activities with members of the TM community and our many guests.

The seminar is "total immersion" in all things trumpet and many of our past participants have found the resource and support at Chosen Vale to effectively re-evaluate their art. We hope for more of the same starting next week.

Please post questions on the blog. Hopefully one or more of the participants will respond! Otherwise enjoy reading what these trumpeters have to say.

Best,
    EC

Piano User

Re: Welcome

How was the concert last night? I would love to hear a recording! I wish I could be there.

And do you have internet this year?

Best to all-
    Sandy

"Conventional Wisdom" should not be applied to unconventional thinking.

New Friend

The concert was fabulous! It was all contemporary music which was a nice introduction to me because I have not been familiar with this certain repertoire for the trumpet.

Every morning this week Steve Burns has lead a yoga session which has been tremendously beneficial to both my mental concentration and physical being. I really love it! It's a great way to start a day.

For the beginning hours of the day we have "tutorials" where we can visit any guest artist each holding sort of a mini master class. Students can come and leave as they wish.

I visited Gabrielle Cassone this morning and really enjoyed his warm-up routine! It mostly focused on mouthpiece buzzing and work out of the Irons book.

I have been having a blast so far and look forward to the coming days!

Symphony Man

MJ
    Administrator Fortissimo User MJ's Avatar

Thanks for the write up SM

Thread Information