Bb Trumpets Discuss Schilke 50th Anniversary B1 Trumpet, Made in 2006 for Sale. in the TM Classifieds forums; New, never played on, mint condition Schilke 50th Anniversary Model B1. Only 50 were made in 2006 for world-wide sale. ...
    New Friend

Schilke 50th Anniversary B1 Trumpet, Made in 2006 for Sale.

New, never played on, mint condition Schilke 50th Anniversary Model B1. Only 50 were made in 2006 for world-wide sale. This trumpet is gold-plated and HAND engraved by Jason DuMars (original factory engraving) and comes with all original accessories: Custom 50th Anniversary Gladstone-style hard case, Schilke custom engraved gold-plated Model 17 mouthpiece, two sets of valve buttons, trumpet bag, Certificate of Authenticity, original shipping carton. I paid $5,000.00 when I purchased this trumpet for my collection back in 2006. The cost of gold plating and hand engraving has risen drastically since then as has the collector value; thus the price increase. If you would like to see high resolution pictures of this trumpet, or have questions, please feel free to e-mail me, thanks. Price listed does not include shipping, customs duty (if required) or insurance. Payment by bank wire transfer or cash prior to shipment. All sales are final. Interested parties may view my personal, biographical profile at Michael R. Drapp | LinkedIn or perform a Google search on "Michael R. Drapp". Price: $7,750.00.
    Last edited by MichaelDrapp; 03-18-2012 at 11:43 PM.
    Michael Drapp
    Las Vegas, Nevada, USA

Forte User

Re: Schilke 50th Anniversary B1 Trumpet, Made in 2006 for Sale.

Hard to find in mint condition. Best Wishes.
    Last edited by patkins; 02-26-2012 at 04:02 PM.

I love Schilkes. I played a B6 through HS, NCSU, and The U.S. Coast Guard Band. It would make an absolutely beautiful horn to play and invest in.
    Good luck finding a buyer that has the money and vision. I read your profile and it was very impressive. A penny for your thoughts on Universal Display Corp. ( PANL ). My wife and I are shareholders through an IRA at Scottrade. Thanks, Chuck Cox ( chuckscommittee@hotmail.com ).
    Chuck Cox
    1949 Martin Committee Deluxe
    Mouthpiece(s):
    Schilke 13a4a ( 80% )
    Bach 7C ( 15% )
    Bach 5V ( 5% )

New Friend

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Cox View Post
    I love Schilkes. I played a B6 through HS, NCSU, and The U.S. Coast Guard Band. It would make an absolutely beautiful horn to play and invest in.
    Good luck finding a buyer that has the money and vision. I read your profile and it was very impressive. A penny for your thoughts on Universal Display Corp. ( PANL ). My wife and I are shareholders through an IRA at Scottrade. Thanks, Chuck Cox ( chuckscommittee@hotmail.com ).
    Hi Chuck,

Small world; my current "go to" trumpet is the B6G I was addicted to my B5G and B1G but find that a medium bore better suits me now...age, never a great thing for a lead player

Universal Display Corporation is in a very competitive market. LED technology is fairly well understood globally, thus competition and product margins are always of concern. To win in this market requires strong engineering acumen, continuous R&D coupled with world-class manufacturing and quality control. Of course, this market has limited client "switching costs" so volatility is to be expected. Management of margins is critical, so lets hope that their management team is paying attention to their supply and customer chains!
    Michael Drapp
    Las Vegas, Nevada, USA

I sold my B6 because I needed the money desperately about 10 years ago. It was a .450" bore and I loved it to death. Last year I traded a Martin Imperial that cost me $70 to a man locally through Craigslist for a trumpet he had in the family that was seized up in the valves and slides. It was a 1949 Martin Committee Deluxe with original case !!
    So things worked out well for me. Friends would loan me their Bach Strads for gigs when I played in the blues band or church or weddings or whatever. Strads are good horns, but I'm a Schilke man. My Committe has a .451" +- .002" bore and plays more like like my old Schilke B6 to me than a Strad. I see you always had your Schilkes in gold. I know they must have played great. Schilke knew what he was doing when he made the Committee and his own Schilke trumpets later. I'll spread the word about your B1 for sale. I look at it this way. I'd rather spend $5k to 10K on a trumpet than get a used car. I've probably made $15k to $20k playing trumpet and loved every minute of it. I wouldn't take $7500 for my Committee ( Chris Botti played it and signed it in Nov. 2010. ).
    Chuck Cox
    1949 Martin Committee Deluxe
    Mouthpiece(s):
    Schilke 13a4a ( 80% )
    Bach 7C ( 15% )
    Bach 5V ( 5% )

New Friend

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Cox View Post
    I sold my B6 because I needed the money desperately about 10 years ago. It was a .450" bore and I loved it to death. Last year I traded a Martin Imperial that cost me $70 to a man locally through Craigslist for a trumpet he had in the family that was seized up in the valves and slides. It was a 1949 Martin Committee Deluxe with original case !!
    So things worked out well for me. Friends would loan me their Bach Strads for gigs when I played in the blues band or church or weddings or whatever. Strads are good horns, but I'm a Schilke man. My Committe has a .451" +- .002" bore and plays more like like my old Schilke B6 to me than a Strad. I see you always had your Schilkes in gold. I know they must have played great. Schilke knew what he was doing when he made the Committee and his own Schilke trumpets later. I'll spread the word about your B1 for sale. I look at it this way. I'd rather spend $5k to 10K on a trumpet than get a used car. I've probably made $15k to $20k playing trumpet and loved every minute of it. I wouldn't take $7500 for my Committee ( Chris Botti played it and signed it in Nov. 2010. ).
    Thanks Chuck!!!!!

About 20 years ago I owned both a medium and the very rare medium-large bore vintage (early 1950's) Martin Committee trumpet. People talk about the Committee, but the design just screams Renold Schilke to me. They are great horns and I actually prefer the medium bore, although a lot of players swear by their large bore versions. You are very lucky to have a "Botti Approved" Committee and I agree, I would hold onto it and refuse the $7,500.00! I was very sad when the original Committee was no longer made but I have heard a lot of good comments concerning the Lawler clone.

Mike
    Michael Drapp
    Las Vegas, Nevada, USA

Thread Information