Bb Trumpets Discuss Selmer Paris 24B K-Modified Bb Trumpet Vintage Selmer Case Valve Alignment in the TM Classifieds forums; For sale is this Selmer Paris 24B K-Modified Bb Trumpet in a lacquer finish with vintage Selmer case (no mouthpiece ...

Selmer Paris 24B K-Modified Bb Trumpet Vintage Selmer Case Valve Alignment

For sale is this Selmer Paris 24B K-Modified Bb Trumpet in a lacquer finish with vintage Selmer case (no mouthpiece included). This trumpet has a 0.458" medium large bore as designated by the "24B" and K_Modified engravings on the leadpipe receiver.

The serial number 80xx dates this horn to 1949.

Its previous owner had a professional tech align the valves and add a 1st valve slide saddle. This instrument has fast valves, great compression, and sound. The horn is in great playing condition and ready to gig!

The lacquer shows some wear but is surprisingly good considering its vintage. There is no red rot or pitting anywhere. All tuning slides move freely. There is a very tiny dent on the bell flair but noticeable only upon close inspection. Otherwise, there are no dents, no dings, no re-solders, no major repairs, and no evidence of any past trauma.

Included is a vintage hard shell case in fair-to-good condition. Its outer skin has a tear on one corner and minor wear in places. Its interior felt covering has a place that has worn through to the shell of the case. Both front latches fasten securely to properly house the horn for transport.

All photos are on my vivacebiz.weebly.com/for-sale website.

Asking $695 plus shipping and any fees. Sorry, no trades.

Ships from West Chester, OH 45069. Will also ship to Canada, Europe, U.K., Japan and Australia with buyer paying shipping and fees.

Having lost sight of our objectives we need to redouble our efforts. - Anonymous
    Real vintage horns deserve real players!
    Find me on the web at http://vivacebiz.weebly.com

Re: Selmer Paris 24B K-Modified Bb Trumpet Vintage Selmer Case Valve Alignment

I was just informed by an astute buyer that this horn is not a K-Modified model. This is a 1949 Grands Prix model 24B that had its original Euro style mouthpiece receiver replaced with a K-Mod receiver that accepts American mouthpiece shanks. The K-Modified models were not introduced until 1954.

I shall revise the ad and re-post a new revised ad.

Consider this thread closed.
    Having lost sight of our objectives we need to redouble our efforts. - Anonymous
    Real vintage horns deserve real players!
    Find me on the web at http://vivacebiz.weebly.com

Thread Information