Well, I've found over the last couple months I've been playing my 22b's and my strad much more than I've been playing my olds super. Due to this, I'm considering trading it for something a little more of what I'm looking for for a nice big band horn. If anyone has a horn with a large bore, and is in reasonable condition then I might consider trading. Specifically looking for a large bore benge, or a blessing artist or super artist. The olds is in great condition for being made in 1946. Raw brass, I took the lacquer off myself- I couldn't really get all of it from the inside of the bell and it really doesn't bother me but if it bothers you it's an easy fix. The compression I'd rate at maybe a 7 out of 10, everything still has some pop but you can tell it's been played. No large dents, normal wear and tear. The valves are classic olds valves, nice short through and very fast. Because this horn is from 1946, it also has some cool extras; first valve slide finger saddle, tuning slide brace, and a brass tone ring instead of nickel. I know there have also been some debates on the type of brass used in these and if what I've researched is correct this one could be made out of old cartridge brass. You never know! The only repaira ive dont to the horn are straighten the leadpipe when i got it- it was slightly bent, but there are no creases and you wouldnt know unless i told you, and i had to take off the ends of the tuning slide. They wete rotting, and causing it to play poorly. As far as i can tell it did not affect how it plays, qnd it still retains the classic olds super sound that we know. I'd rather not sell it because eim always looking for new horns and for me a trade is much more fun for both parties. If you're interested I can send pictures.

Ps. This would be a perfect horn for a complete resto, everything is clean and it wouldn't take too much to make it like new.