For your consideration, an Olds Super Recording manufactured in 1947. This is an outstanding, beautiful horn in original lacquer! I am not good at guessing about the percentage of lacquer on horns, however, I would say 99% - 100%. The lacquer has a dark patina that shows it's age. This horn just returned from getting a valve job by Anderson's Plating and it was fine tuned by Bill Ford from Flesher Hinton Music in Denver, CO. The valves are amazing and compression is excellent. Honestly, the valves really are not even broken in yet! All slides work great. This horn is an amazing playing horn, it demonstrates the nice dark/broad sound that the Olds Super Recordings are known for. Out of all my horns, including my 1954 Olds Recording, this horn has the most even sound from low to high than any of them. The high register slots amazingly well. This horn could almost be in a museum as an example of an original Super Recording.

You are not going to find a Super Recording in this condition. It does show it's age in some respects as it has some very minor scratches and signs of wear that I could not capture with the camera. There are no dents on this horn with only very small evidence of some minor dent repair on the tuning slide, which can only be seen by close inspection.

To be honest, I am selling this horn because I do not use it. My hands and perspiration are hard on horns and I do not use it because I am too particular/concerned about the condition of this horn. I originally bought it because it is in such great shape, I could not turn it down. Since then, I have decided that I will not be collecting horns and my wife is rather happy about that. Originally, I was not happy with the compression and I felt the valves were a little sloppy, so I had the valve job done. It came back from Flesher Hinton Music with the valves working great. I have been using Hetman Light #1 Valve oil since the valve job.

This horn comes with the original case that is in fair condition, however, considering that this case is over 62 years old, this is to be expected. If you have any questions or would like to see more pictures, please email or call me at 303-809-1309. If this does not sell here on TM, I plan on putting it up on Ebay in a few weeks. I would rather sell it here.

Thank you for your consideration,

Larry Pennel
lpenneljr1@msn.com
303-809-1309